Explain A4 Poly Settings?

I don’t feel qualified to explain voice allocation–I understand it in my head, but doubt I’d explain it well.

Unison is well…unison : ) It uses all the voices to play the same note. You can use the Unison Detune to make a thicker sound. This detunes all the voices slightly so you get more harmonics (?). If you look up a basic definition of Unison it may help haha. In this mode you play only one note at a time on any of the tracks (it essentially turns the A4 into a monosynth). A lot of dance music uses unison voicing modes for big lead sounds as they tend to be “thick” and stand out in a mix.

I can explain Unison too ! :smile:
I admit that pictures in the manual are not very helpful.
You understand Use Track Sound for sure…You’re not stupid.:wink:

I understood better testing by ear, but I can’t explain it right now what were my conclusions, because behaviours of poly priorities are difficult to understand when you use poly, internal sequencer, Sound Locks, external keyboard, Multi Map…

1 Like

Yeah mate, I kind of just messed with different settings and kind of got my head round it. Can’t really explain what’s happening, but it can create nice variations on different patterns

A lot of interesting combinations with Octatrack !
For exemple, 4 tracks of soundlocks on A4, you play poly over it with OT… :content:
That’s unique. :thup:

1 Like

explain this again mate, how does this work? what am i achieving here? Sounds good, just like more detail. Cheers man

Just give it a try, you record notes in A4, with track sounds, you can add Sound Locks playing them with 2 clic in a track, go to sound pool, choose and play/rec.

If you play over your records with a keyboard or Ot’s Arp, or sequences, it will replace A4’s notes.

Can’t tell you more right now.

1 Like

Is Rotate best option for long decay Pads?
Thanks David

thanks for that I copied that into my notes…I still dont get it…lol

ren