Exception DN0036

Hi everyone!
I was working with my DN, & while clearing track sounds on a pattern, the unit froze & displayed this message:

EXCEPTION DN0036
V03 M0 P400F90C6

• a bunch of numbers (see picture)

A google search didn’t hand in any results, so I thought I’d ask here if anybody encountered this before & if it is serious. When I restarted the unit a lot of keys lit dim red for a while. It seems to work fine now but I have 3 concerts coming up & it’s my main digital synth so I want to make sure there’s nothing seriously wrong with it (appart from it’s inherent wickedness, that is ^^)

Exception errors aren’t very often reported on Digitone, but have been reported by several users on Digitakt and Analog Rytm. Is your DN on the latest firmware version?

In any case, I recommend that you report the problem to Elektron using a support ticket.

I just did, thank you! I have the latest OS (1.21)

Yes, the reason I’m worried is that I did experience an Exception Error on my very first Digitakt, that eventually led to it not booting up at all… Crossing my fingers for a simple minor bug.

1 Like

Hi! I had the same problem some minutes ago. Could you tell me if it is a serious problem? Thank u!
Juan from Argentina

I had a different exception error in June 2018, have since updated the firmware a couple times & haven’t had any issues

1 Like

I don’t know what either of these errors mean, but hopefully it’s just a one time fluke

:raised_hand: same here

I have opened a support ticket with Elektron when it happened. They replied very fast and said that nothing in this error indicated hardware failure (what I was most afraid of, after what happened to my first DT). Probably just a bug, that will be fixed on next OS update.

Just curious, what were you doing when it happened? I was clearing track sounds.

1 Like

Hi,

Just had the same happen to me. Last night and again this morning. This morning it occurred when I was setting up the velocity modulation for one of the synth voices.
Connected to my laptop via the Elektron usb cable that came with the DN.

I was doing this on the synth itself not over usb btw

I was recording using the overbridge plug in, i thought it was related to.