Eventide H9 review by Loopop (Synth-only!)

I think the Shimmer algorithm was shown in the Loopop video, it´s definitely on my list. The Dualverb was the first one I got as the free algorithm that came with the core, good choice in retrospect.

there is a great Video with mylar melodies and sonic state showing all the eventide pedals with a Moog synthie

I ran my OP-1 into a Black Hole preset for a huge ambient sound we wanted for some songs. It’s basically the “Cigarros” preset with tweaks to the bass and high knobs.

I haven’t messed with ping-pong delays, but Filter Pong seems to be the one to use for that purpose, and it’s a different algo than the Tape Echo one. Best way to confirm is to check the Eventide forum. I see some past requests for true circular stereo delay and adding panning to algos other than Filter Pong that seems to have gone unanswered

In the same vain: I found the crushstation algo to be awesome but with a weird filtered stereo panning effect on it. In the Eventide forum I found an answer by the developer who stated the h9 didn’t have enough processing power to make it true stereo, so it sums inputs to mono and splits the filter/crossover outputs over the stereo outs.

I ran into another weird MIDI issue. This happens with either the AR2, MD2 or Ableton as MIDI clock source. H9 is set to ignore MIDI CC and program change. It is set to receive MIDI clock.

I have a patch loaded using the Tape Echo algo. When I alternate between pressing start and stop on the sequencers with short intervals (<1,5sec) it appears the time between presses is set as the delay A and B times…

Maybe this will help? I have only started perusing the Eventide forums myself.

Just found this thread, looking for a solution to a similar problem with the Digitakt.

I have digitakt MIDI out plugged into the H9 and the MIDI out of the H9 plugged into my synth (which only has a MIDI in)

From the Digitakt a play a sequence on a MIDI channel, I set the H9 to receive only that MIDI channel, and the Digitakt sends clock. That’s it.

I checked the MIDI settings and deactivated “transport transmit” on the Digitakt but that was not it.

The H9 freezes not long after I start using the IOS app. Pity. Disconnecting MIDI in solves the problem indeed, but it’s no fun!

Anyone having a new clue?