Eurorack, wish me luck

That’s so funny, I recently got into Eurorack myself. I just turned 40 also and had about a 10 year break from making electronic music. I keep thinking “I’m not buying a sports car, is this my mid-life crisis?” haha. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just jumped into the shared system as well. I had a eurorack system about ten years back. with a lot of cwejman stuff, back when you could actually just purchase them outright and they weren’t 5X the sales price. but eventually I got sick of chasing every module on my radar and wanted to focus on more vintage synths. now I’d like to play with some new sounds and a different approach. this seems to fit the bill quite well.

anyway, it’s in good company, at least :

4 Likes

Beautiful, do you use the AK’s CVs with the SS? As I got an “old” shared system I was torn between getting a tempi on top or an a4 as kind of a multiclock + x device. I went for the A4 + synapse module and really am interested how you are using both together.

At least it’s still cheaper than a sports car.

1 Like

I actually am not using the AK’s CV at the moment. the only way I’m linking the SS into other gear is by clocking the Tempi via click from an Acidlab Drumatix (orange cable in the pic). I could be using the AK for this as well. but the Drumatix was more convenient/easy while I was setting this patch up, as I was still doing a bit of a studio juggle to get the SS where I wanted it (it was previously where the AK is actually). I will likely use the AK to clock it in the future, but not much more than that. I like using René a lot and like that it breaks me out of playing in Elektron-style sequences. I have plenty of other synths for that, so I should use the SS for what’s it’s strongest at.

I can’t imagine the system without the Tempi, to be honest. it’s really a tremendous module, and very deep. as you can see here, I’ve patched four of its six clock options. it’s really fun dividing/multiplying clock signals to accent patterns in different ways.

all that said, I’ve only had it a week so obviously there’s still tons to learn!

2 Likes

Yeah, I hear you :slight_smile:

so.

it arrived yesterday.

and i am stunned, overwhelmed, a little bit confused, overcharged, excited, anxious and thrilled. all at the same time.

it is bigger than i expected. in all ways.

and wow, this will keep me busy for some time. it’s quite easy to get something musical out of it, but well, haven’t touched the morphagene and the pressure points yet and i’m of course only scratching the surface so far. been playing around for a couple of hours only.

well, @pmoldzio thanks for bringing this one up and pushing me over the border (this is not meant to be taken sarcastic, i really mean it).

will post something in about a year or so, i guess by then i will have a grip on this thing :smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations, I am very happy that you seem to enjoy it. Patching and fiddling it puts me into a very strange mood. It’s a very organic compilation of modules. When I start noodling around there are a lot of decisions where the system dictates the way to go further. It’s your choice to accept it or not.
(don’t want to get into esoteric stuff, but I hope you guys understand what I mean). Kind of like the Lyra but easier to tame in a predictable way.