Eurorack, wish me luck

I did it. Purchased a shared system 2ND hand. Gotta pick it up on Tuesday in Vienna. (any elektronauts there?). A little bit afraid if the rabbit hole but I guess it is my way to go. 41yo with no midlife crisis. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Uhhh isnt this it? :wink:

Have fun!

14 Likes

Never had eurorack. But play it like any instrument you’ve already had. The funny thing is if I bought euro rack I would just be trying to play it like my voyager

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

good luck.

someday i’ll do the step into this abyss buying Z-Plane filter module.

1 Like

Not really, selling and buying stuff had always been a part of my journey I enjoyed the most. Never had any “crisis theme” in it. I use my “music” more in a meditation way so nothing really changed over the last 20years. Maybe 60yo me might start licking red panel buchlas but until then…

6 Likes

Can’t wait to hook it up to my machinedrum. It’s hard to give up your Elektron habits

4 Likes

I think you could do some trigging with the indiv outs? that would be cool stuff!

1 Like

Exactly what I intend to.

1 Like

With a shared system you should have quite a lot to be getting on with before needing more modules (perhaps!)

1 Like

Vienna here, too :slight_smile:

nice! starting to think about getting one of those, too!

haha, maybe if you lose interest in it in a couple of months, hit me up here :slight_smile:

out of curiosity: what platform did you find one on? i’m quite active on willhaben, but haven’t seen one on there…

Nice intro to Euro! Enjoy :slight_smile:

I only got in to modular recently but blown away so far. My intentions are 50/50 between modular live jam stuff and happy accident loops/short passages that I can track to daw that’ll become songs (or parts or songs). Been enjoying an abundance of both! Got a little space left to fill in my 6U rackbrute then calling it a day for a couple of years before I start on another one :confused:

1 Like

Good luck. It’s a lot of fun, and will teach you a lot! I’ve certainly enjoyed it much. You’ll enjoy it even more if you’re just after the meditation of it and have lots of cash to burn, hehehehe. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was not sure whether to get a techno system or a shared system as a starting point. As I really enjoy making techno with my machinedrum solo, I was leaning more towards the shared system. Otherwise there would have been to much redundancy. On top the cool integrated input function of the cv bus will make it easy to gel everything together I hope.
You have acquired a erica TS right? Maybe we will talk again in a few months :wink:

1 Like

you should have quite a lot to be getting on without further modules forever

You’re much more brave than I. Good luck on your journey down the rabbit hole!

1 Like

Good luck! I bought a DFAM and now I’m stood at the edge of the eurorack cliff trying to decide whether to step off. Alternative is to abandon that plan and buy multiple hardware synths and drum machines separately. But then you don’t get the “Lego” possibilities!

Enjoy your new system, no doubt many jealous people here!

1 Like

Just stay safe lol

2 Likes

I questioned this for me too before. But I don’t want any more machine on top that only add a little more functionality with much more space. I hope with euro I might stay focused more on what I need.

That’s interesting because one of the things I like about semi modular and some other hardware is that you get a lot for the cost. DFAM has 2 osc, 3 envelope, one filter and a sequencer for £500. It would cost much more for the separate eurorack modules. If I got a Dreadbox synth, for example, for another £500 I get a lot of extra building blocks.