Essential/Favorite Factory Single-Cycle Waveforms

The DT comes with something like 70 SCWs which is a lot to choose from! Also a lot to load into a project if you don’t already have an idea of what you want specifically.

If you only had to choose say 5-10 or fewer SCWs to use as the foundation for your projects which ones would they be? Must be factory-included SCWs on the DT, not external sources, I know there’s tons out there.

Bonus question: Do you use the included noise waveforms from the toolbox? If so, how and why?

Mostly just curious to see how others are using this material and if anyone is gravitating toward a smaller subset of SCWs, as there are quite a lot to choose from!

1 Like

I kind of like the “limitation” of 70 wave forms. The adventure kid kit has 4300. The DT was very unhappy when I tried to transfer them on to the device.

2 Likes

Totally not answering your question, but figure this is an appropriate thread to mention it. I have been using the single cycles from the two monomachine sound packs in the dt. It is yielding pleasing results.

3 Likes

Didn’t even know those existed, I’ll check them out!

Demos for both packs sound great, and they are free! Downloaded both. Thanks for the suggestion! “Only” 128 more waveforms to complicate my situation even further, yay! :wink:

For anyone else that comes across this and is curious, the sound packs @jefones is referencing are these:

8 Likes

How was it unhappy? I loaded a ton of those and right around the same time I lost the ability to sample (it freezes, regardless of OS). Wasn’t sure if it was related. What’s your experience?

Also, SCW? If I had to pick just one… Oh wait, that’s just what I did! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very nice! That sparkly arpy synth that comes in around 6:50 is sweet!

I went through all the preset patterns and did a tally of SCWs used out of curiosity. Came out to be mostly these:
Acid Squ
Acid Saw
Anasine
Tri

So that’s what they’re using to represent the classic synth foundations of square, saw, sine, triangle. Also FM 02 and FM 07 used moderately, and Grainy and Snowy for noise.

Not that it means a whole lot but I think it gives a little idea of what was “good enough” for Elektron to use as the foundation for their presets

2 Likes

No technical issues with the DT, just the transfer application was taking FOREVER (like literally hours and hours)

1 Like