Errors uploading soundbank Monomachine

Hello everyone!

Yessterday I tried to upload the Lemnic soundbank to my mnm, the one available from the Elektron website. Only when i try to upload it my sysex receive on the mnm tells me there are 16 messages and 16 errors. Therefore i do have the 16 kits but i cant seem to find the 16 patterns anywhere.

Nothing happens when i press play, obviously, because nothing is set. All the patterns are empty.

I tried all of this in a new, blank snapshot.

Anyone know how this can be solved?

Thanks!

I have similar problem, I still have error messages… anyone help ? I’m newbie Monomachine user :wink:

see attached picture with error message :
http://pokazywarka.pl/p3d83g/#zdjecie8865398

Are you using OSX? If so, what version? I think there is an error with c6 in Mountain Lion that causes these glitches. Try setting the delay ticks to some number above zero…the bigger the number, the longer the transfer.

I use PC with Win 7 - Home Premium 64 bit and Miditech Midilink USB midi interface.
I try change the delay settings in C6.

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed. I try different settings (delay times) and different Turbo Limit settings… Still have the same error message.

I too am getting errors constantly. Nothing uploads onto my Monomachine even after following the advice of adding delay ticks and enabling SDS Handshake. Elektron can make multiple videos regarding Overbridge, but can’t make a single video describing the uploading process using C6. A bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Has anyone had any success uploading these sound banks?

Yep I cant get 2 fiths of FCK all back into mine :astonished:

multiple copies of data
c6 or midi ox
different midi interfaces
a million different setting

a waste of time and tons of lost music :sob:

but hey look on the bright side, overbridge is half working :-1:

Here’s not the technical support guys if you have something to complain why not open a ticket here :

https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/

No offense, but complaints need to be heard by Elektron themselves (at least complaints that user community not solved). Because they often have the good technical advise because that’s their job to do it and they know their machine…

I never had problems with my MnM and Machinedrum MKIIuw when i do have it but i sold mines so i can’t help and didn’t remember the exact process, i do know that i have TM-1 and C6 and also i made a loop with Midi cables (meaning i used Midi IN and OUT on the MnM and the Midi interface so 2 midi cables)

EXPANSION come normally with a detail " How to do " (PDF or TXT read me file) you have done all that steps ? recommended by your expansion pack ?

TRANSFERRING THE WAVEFORMS TO A NEW SNAPSHOT

1. Save your current Snapshot. Select the FILE row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then select SNAPSHOTS and press [ENTER/YES]. In the MODE column, select SAVE and press [ENTER/YES].

2. Load a new empty Snapshot. Select the FILE row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Select SNAPSHOTS and press [ENTER/YES]. Choose LOAD in the MODE column and select an empty position in the list.

3. Connect your Monomachine MIDI IN to a computer using a standard MIDI connector and a MIDI interface. Connect via the Elektron TM-1 in order to achieve Turbomidi (up to 10x) transfer speeds.

4. Initiate a new DIGIBANK on the Monomachine. Select the FILE row in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then select DIGIBANKS and press [ENTER/YES]. First, select SWITCH in the MODE column and choose and empty position for your new bank. Then, select RENAME and give the bank a suitable name (IMMORTAL, for example, but you can give it any name you want) using the [FUNCTION] + [ARROW] keys.

5. Prepare the Monomachine to receive the waveforms. Access the DIGIPRO MGR in the GLOBAL menu. Choose RECEIVE and then press [RIGHT] arrow key to move to the POS NAME column. Choose ORG and press [ENTER/YES]. The display on the Monomachine will show “WAITING…”.

6. On your computer, open the c6 utility software (make sure you have the latest version, available on the Elektron webpage, Support & Downloads section). In the c6 configuration menu, select Elektron Monomachine for both MIDI In and MIDI Out. Also, make sure you tick the boxes: Use SDS Handshake, Use Extended SDS and Send SPS-1UW Name. This will allow the transferred data to be shown with descriptive names, once received. Close the configuration window by clicking the OK button.

7. Open the Immortal Waves Sound Pack folder on your computer. Drag the waveform files and drop them on the c6 main window. Select all files. Then click the DigiPro button, located below right on the c6 main window. Finally, click the Send button. A counter on your Monomachine display will show how many and to which position the waveforms have been received.

8. When all waveforms have been transferred, press [EXIT/NO]. The Monomachine screen will show “WRITING WAVEFORMS”. The transfer is complete. The waveforms will be stored starting from position 1 in the active Digibank.

9. Transfer the kits and patterns. On the Monomachine, Select FILE in the GLOBAL menu. Then select SYSEX RECV using the [ARROW] keys and press [ENTER/YES]. In the MODE column, select ORIG and press [ENTER/YES]. The Monomachine is now ready to receive data, and “WAITING…” will be shown on the screen. On your computer, drag the Immortal Waves (Patterns and Kits) syx file to the c6 main window. Select the file, then click Send. After a short while, the Patterns and Kits will have been transferred.

10. Save your new Snapshot. Select FILE in the GLOBAL EDIT menu. Then, select SNAPSHOTS and press [ENTER/YES]. Select SAVE in the MODE column and press [ENTER/YES]. Give the Snapshot a proper name, such as IMMORTAL, using the [FUNCTION] + [ARROW] keys.

PLAY BACK THE SOUND PACK PATTERNS

1. The 16 demo patterns are located in Bank A. Make sure bank group A-D is active (toggle using the [BANK GROUP] key). Then select a pattern by pressing [BANK A/E] + [TRIG] 1-16.

2. Listen to the selected pattern by pressing [PLAY].

2 Likes

And by the way for LEM expansion maybe try to reach him ?

If you have any feedback – please feel free to contact me
on Facebook.

Nikolay Lem

This is a nicely detailed tutorial, William. However when I followed your advice all I got on my Monomachine when I began transferring was a message saying “Error! Incorrect Length”. Any solution to that?

Yes solution is monomachine’s fathers

Technical support :
https://www.elektron.se/customer/tickets/

My MnM is a mkII but not +drive which I believe is a requirement for the Lem pack? How much is the +drive MOD, by the way?

Hi! I did everything as told in the Immortal Waves PDF. The MnM confirms 64/64. Then, i pressed [NO/EXIT] and the MnM screen shows - as expected - “WRITING WAVEFORMS”. But after that nothing happens. The “loading bar” is fully black and stays that way. I can’t do anything but turn the MnM completely off… Does someone know what i can do about this…?
Thank you!

I tried it with the Oxford Soundpack and with that it worked! Weird.