Erm… digitone is bad gear

You are BERY BERRY WONG

5 Likes
3 Likes

Possibly the only actually funny synthtuber out there IMO, with the exception of Alex Ball of course. Dude is hilarious and has good points.

9 Likes

Don’t understand the hate? I think he’s great

13 Likes

I really like it’s video, and for it’s ten minute video it took me 15 minute to view it, with all the meme included.
Anyway, on this one, I believe he does not master it to it’s full potential yet. Intro song might have a better DN sound associated.
But doing one video per week, omg, that’s really a challenge !

1 Like

Maybe i smoked too much cough last night.

3 Likes

Imho he is the funniest gear reviewer on yt and he knows what he’s talking about.

9 Likes

he’s funny and I genuinely admire his ability to pack insane amount of relevant memes into his videos, that’s dedication to meme knowledge and research!

also his DN sounds better then mine :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I love the memes all the way through and the empty awards cabinet labelled ‘Behringer Awards for Creativity and Innovation’ still has me chuckling now.

10 Likes

But his vids aren’t reviews, they’re comment pieces that rely on using other folks material (memes etc) for a laugh. As pointed out further up the thread it’s just a form of sophisticated trolling. He clearly puts some work into making his vids, it’s the premise I have an issue with.

I’d be impressed if he actually designed a bit of kit that others though was ‘good gear’ but that’s just me.

4 Likes

can’t stand his intro thing…and the staring into the camera.

somehow it knocks me off that he’s reviewing things with the most obvious flaws summed by the communities…obviously there’s a lot of bad gear on eBay and different eras to review etc.

like stuff that would burn when you leave it running type of bad…or some cheap bundled equipment sets with faulty parts and non existing manuals, trying to build that without looking anything up.

I guess he’s trolling this aswell :nerd_face::alien::moneybag:

1 Like

I like his videos. It’s a bit of fun. No need to be so serious all the time. These machines are what we make with them .Nothing more nothing less.

10 Likes

This thread is ticking all the boxes

21 Likes

The memes are just the goofy sprinkles on top – try listening to the audio only. His reviews are brief, but always competent and often insightful. Tongue in cheek, but definitely not trolling. And he does multiple hardware jams per episode, any one of which blows just about every other synthfluencer’s out of the water. I feel like you’re insinuating that his videos are low effort, but that couldn’t be further from the truth from what I can tell.

16 Likes

I’ve not tried it, but can you not use MIDI loopback to automate the mod wheel?

Agreed, I despise synthfluencers or whatever the f they’re called… But I’ve watched every AudioPilz episode and this Digitone one was really brilliant.

3 Likes

What I like best about AudioPilz is he uses what is essentially the jester archetype to give you the straight facts about a device and then showing what can be made with it despite the flaws. Chances are it’ll ironically get people seeing devices for what they can do rather than what they can’t.

13 Likes

Bad Gear feels like a kinder evolution of the Angry Critic of the 2000s (Yahtzee, AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, etc). The framing and meme-y jokes follow that formula, but instead of yelling and slapstick, he gives his subjects a fair shake

4 Likes

At first glance.

6 Likes

DnB part at the end there was really nice!

1 Like