Eq

I would like to ask if anybody is using the rytm hooked up to a mixer, is the filter eq on the rytm enough our does anybody still eq in mixer as well. Sorry if this is a bit vague but you get were i’m going at.

Mod Edit: OP Question Rephrased here

I mostly tend to use the Rytm’s filters as high-pass for rolling off low frequencies, to get things out of the same range as the kick.

…but I’m normally only using the Rytm’s main stereo outputs, since I have quite a lot of kit going through the desk.

I then use my desk’s parametric EQ to shape the Rytm’s output.

1 Like

Multitracking as much as possible, then EQing on analog console. I use Rytm filters mainly as a creative & sculpting tool.

I understand this and i Used to to this with my DAW… But with my rytm i have the feeling this is not really necessary. Dont want to say that the math is not working for the rytm… But for some reason with my maschine from the past it was so necessary and now i dont have big problems with it.

1 Like

I multi-track record the Rytm from its individual voice outputs.
The Qu-Pac I use to record has EQs for all those channels, and I still don’t use them much.

I think any use of EQ here would be for purely creative purposes, as it sounds pretty good as:is.

yes i eq the individual channels on my mixer. why the hell not eh.:diddly:

I posted a thread like this a while ago but I found that I didn’t completely understood the reaction that’s why I’ll try again. …So I feed my rytm into a mixer the audio out is connected to a audio channel of the mixer, but the bd,bt individual outs are feeding into two separate channels of the mixer for mastering reasons… (You all understand)
Now the question: are the EQ filters on the rytm Enough or should I still use my parametric of the mixer.
Sry if this is way to vague but I can’t seem to find another way to explain myself
Maybe this is better should I still EQ with mixer or only with the filters of the AR

You should answer the question by yourself. Do you feel that you need to EQ the sound of the BD and BT even more or are you already satisfied with your mix?
I think that it all depends on the sounds you are using so nobody can give you a definite answer here.

4 Likes

True true