Eowave Quandrantid Swarm

Additionally, Hainbach made a video where he removes his desktop unit from the case and mounts it, along with the spring reverb tank (which is only held onto the case bottom by a small glue strip) into a euro case.

3 Likes

I have it since summer, if someone needs some info on it let me know

10 Likes

Interesting setup. What kind of music are you making with it?

mostly jamming with friends, ambient, noise and similar. Setup is also battery powered and waterproof if closed, so great for camping

4 Likes

Another option that doesnā€™t involve a euro module, and keeps your cue outs and audio tracks free for other things, the CV.OCD can be programmed to send gates from midi notes. So you could use the OTā€™s MIDI sequencer tracks to send triggers, instead.

2 Likes

anyone selling their QS Iā€™m in the market for one :wink:

Oh man, the shop screwed up and they donā€™t have it in stock. :rage:

Dude, welcome to buying gear in 2020.
Sucks.

1 Like

So I might have managed to grab myself oneā€¦ fingers crossed.

it wasnā€™t bitmusic.it by any chance?
thought Iā€™d snagged one the other day only to receive the dreaded sorry bro we wonā€™t have em till January email :grin::pensive::sob:

ā€¦I just got one on reverb from modularsquare Paris. they have 4 more in stock apparently. for anyone lookin. :+1:

4 Likes

Modularsquare is a nice shop btw.

1 Like

Yep.

This does seem like a nice piece of kit. Paired with a DFAM or Lyra and controlled by an A4ā€¦ oof.

Yea , itā€™s rekindled my desire to get back into eurorack and build some things around it, and my Typhon, controlled by OT.

Love the quantized oscillators, and all that under the hood MIDI CC# control.
Means I could set up a wild patch and then send it one of many pre-made patterns/parts from OT and still be in tune, but then run the internal sequencer against the MIDI sequence for getting weird and finding live sweet spots. Or sequence it from the Typhon, in a stacked way, and output it, attenuated, through the Typhon FX for added textures.
So some grounded stability for stage work, with the opportunity for mayhem. A tight rope, on fire, with a net and fire hydrant below, if you will.

Lots of just cool design decisions, as well. External input is normalled to spring reverb output, so you have a feedback circuit. And it looks like they added the A/D_A/R switch after some Superbooth feedback some years ago.
Using the LFO, or other pulse modules (or conditional gates sent from A4 CV in your case) to reset the sequencer for less than 8 step sequences. Sure, something like the 0-CTRL is a bit more full featured on the sequencer side, but as a whole, I donā€™t see the Swarm is being particularly limited.

And on top of all of that you get a percussion voice, and various digital OSCs?
Drummer for another 0-Plaits.

7 Likes

@AdamJay You had just convinced me to sell my 0-coast for typhon to pair with OT, now iā€™m not so sure!

@franz_maslow I got a question, can you sequence it in poly over MIDI?
Mylar implied not but I just want to be sure.

And what is ext in path? Right filter, then verb?

I had no idea the T-rackonizer was a thing until I saw it in your box! T-res is my fav pedal, I love that I can get disgusting bass with barely more than feedback! 4 filters with phase doubling must be ridiculously huge, do you have any clips of swarm through T-rack?

1 Like

Mine just shipped. Hopefully it gets here in time for Christmas.

1 Like

Great metaphor :+1:

1 Like

Better to have them all!

1 Like

There is definitely a demand for a good manual or tutorial for that machine.

@franz_maslow I got a question, can you sequence it in poly over MIDI?
Mylar implied not but I just want to be sure.

Let me tryā€¦
well, not sure about it. I can play polyphonic but it just triggers it, takes values from the swarm and not from external midi

And what is ext in path? Right filter, then verb?

Rev-in is post cutoff filter but pre spring reverb

I had no idea the T-rackonizer was a thing until I saw it in your box!

I also have standard T-res2 version, but needed something more portable and with more automation control - the main plan was it to ā€œstereo-nizeā€ the mono Swarm sounds, sweeping them in 3d space with its own LFO output

1 Like

Wow, just been updated that itā€™s out for delivery today. Looks like this weekend is going to be fun. (When I say weekend I mean the odd 10 minutes when I get a break from my 2 year old :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes