Endlesss -- Collaborative Jam Software

Me too, same problem. It worked when I changed my username but when I got it to work eventually it doesn’t find any jams from other people. you’re UK too ain’t you? Anyone over here got it working?

Wow Awesome How do you recieve midi? I stil have to read the Endlesss manual :raised_hands:

I just got logged in. Not had time to try it out but wondering if servers are getting hammered

1 Like

I was on the beta, it is super cool interface and interconnectness

1 Like

No midi output …
It’s does however have Ableton Link,
So what you can do is

Endless —-link — > Ableton — midi clock —> octatrack

Or just sync it manually. :wink:

Yeah I think they are … I had issues creating a jam earlier, then it ‘fixed’ itself.

guess after the release party yesterday they have a big surge today

2 Likes

Endlesss is a lot of fun!

I have created an Endlesss jam for the Elektronauts community. Here is the invite:

https://endlesss.fm/band/47a5e6cd56d917843c9feb4a6c3da0a3bc134398dee0554470ed30c676b3caa0/join

I suggest that we post future invites in the original Endless Thread

Endlesss could be a great way to share ideas, techniques, and inspiration!

3 Likes

Ok :ok_hand: thx​:fireworks:

Can’t get in somehow, is it possible to send me an invite in the app (alienna) , xthx in advance

Hey Alienna i think we jammed together yesterdy :slight_smile:

1 Like

its time for an Audio Interface for my Ipad!

Yeahh indeed :smiley:

Hi Alienna,

For some reason, I can’t find a way to invite other players within the app. Am I missing something?

Click in the app help and then inviting friends :wink: it is good explained there :sunglasses:

@Mods This would probably be best merged into the existing topic, certainly once there’s a bit of momentum going here …

The app is cool but is anyone else finding that all the channels end up being kind of the same thing? Just chaotic melodies. Noises on noises no matter what the original genre was. I mean they sound good but it’s sort of like how a stock photo is a good photo. It all sounds more like background music for an advert on instagram than a real song if you know what I mean.

It’s like when you turn your gear on with no musical direction at all and bash in a bunch of random things in the same scale. It makes something that sounds like music but it’s often not even remotely the sort of music you would have wanted to make.

I think the problem is that something good could be going on then more new people keep jumping in and bashing some quantized stock noises over it until it’s back to the same thing. I think the key would be working in a private jam with other people using their actual setups. removes some of the fun of the unexpectedness but at least it wouldn’t just be chaos pretending to be music. That said though occasionally I hear something cool. I like the idea of different levels of musician being able to work together

2 Likes

yes and no :slight_smile:

this is something that has been discussed quite a bit on the endlesss discord (where the endlesss developers are listening :wink: )

some of this is down to it being version 1.0 … so there are features ‘planned’ that are not in there that will help with some of the things you mention…

more complex riffs

as you say, the thing about an individual riff is it’s quite short, so by its nature it gets repetitive pretty quickly. also you cannot hear the ‘development’ of it.
so some in the community, are doing what they call ‘riff hopping’

what they do is use the built-in screen recorder of the iphone, and then record themselves switching between a number of riffs, and/or muting layers etc - so creating a ‘track’

there is also a frequent request for some kind of song mode for a future version.

focus/direction
yeah, so the join in jams have lots of people in them, and can go in all sorts of directions - this is both positive and negative - so for some of the public jam, limitations/focus are being detailed.
again talks about in the future about, should there be categorisations, or enforced limitations.

non front page jams (community/private jams)
some of the ‘older hands’ at endlesss, will tell you this is where its at…
these are much less chaotic and fast moving, and so you have time to think and develop ideas.
also there are quite a few that are more ‘focused’
invites are also shared on the endlesss discord, so a great place to find them

I also expect/hope this is an area the app might improve on as well.

in fairness to the front page jams, bare in mind this is where people new to endless tend to first get involved, so might not know the app so well, esp. tricks like how to mix layers…

I’ve started to view endlesss more as a ‘platform’ to meet others, where you can create your own jams, or join in on the other community jams around - I don’t tend to go so much into the ‘front page jams’ , unless I want some fast pace action :wink:

but im in agreement with you, my experience was it took a little while to find a way for endlesss to work for me
(esp. as I had little interest in the ‘internal sounds’ and want to use my usual setup)

oh… and join the endlesss discord, if you haven’t already - its a great community, who can really help you get the most out of endlesss - and the best place to share your thoughts and help shape the future of endlesss.

2 Likes

Just some quick questions :

How easy it is to integrate an actual setup ? For exemple an OT agregating two synths ?
Who owns the rights to the music made there ? Is it possible to get a final copy with different audio channels for mixing mastering for example ?

Thanks a lot.

Soundation Collab Live
Just noticed this. It’s being described as something like a “Google Docs for Music Production”. Seems like it could be used along with Endlesss – as a more formal part behind things. Or it could be used instead of in a related but different approach with collaborative production. It’s being offered as a subscription service with a free trial.

I’m not meaning to start a discussion of this here, that would be off-topic. But it does deserve a mention relative to and in comparison to Endlesss, and perhaps its own thread.

There is a synthtopia article on it here, and their homepage here.

People still using this one?

I have barely touched the app but quite like the look of Endlesss Studio that’s popped up on Kickstarter. Especially the Push instigation. I “secured” early-early-bird pricing for £1 a month or so ago so can get it discounted if I still want to jump on board.

I like Tim’s vst’s and enthusiasm though - he’s an infectious chap! - but probably one of those kickstarters I’d back, forget about and never use :joy: I do like the idea of being to rip the jams out of Endelsss and into Ableton easily though.

2 Likes
2 Likes