End of an Elektron Era?

I’m offended by this video

there was no mention of the vital role Hector played in bringing the original STC of the OT design to elektron’s techpriests from the aftermath of DAoT around 775.M21. But then again, speaking of deeds committed via the use of time travel technology is an outright heretical act, and surely would attract the attention of the inquisition.

8 Likes

As a long time lurker here, I registered to be able to properly like your post and references @tsutek !

1 Like

Jez
That video has its head up its own but.

All things in nature come together to serve a purpose, then move apart.

That is all.

1 Like

Well, i didn’t understand all of statements of the video (I’m not native english speaker), but I think Elektron is more than the first machines (machinedrum, monomachine and octatrack). I think Digitone and Digitakt are fantastic products like Analog Four and Octatrack were at the moment. Love both form factors, useful for differents moments.
Maybe I’m little disappointment with the last products (digitone keys and model:samples), but doesn’t matter, just those products not for me, maybe they are so good for others, and that’s the thing, imho.

5 Likes

for anyone that’s wondering, I actually have a how-to for ‘conspiracy pads’

it’s the last 4 minutes of the Octatrack audio from that video repeated once, EQ’d and with even more reverb and delay :joy:

and nobody has anything to say about the Elektron logo toilet?!?! :laughing:

7 Likes

Idk. I thought that video was hilarious. It was meant to be, wasn’t it?

2 Likes

I’ve not bothered to watch the video yet… or probably will. Not because of some perceived. More that I just can’t be fussed with click-baity youtube videos. And also, I don’t really like a cult of personality, or a sense of false-auteur that promote a sense of the individual whilst (potentially inadvertently) dimnishing the role of many others in the process - see the comments from @Ess and @RhythmDroid for what I mean. It was much the same when Tatsuya Takahashi left Korg and there was a spike in folk complaining that newer Volcas are lacking some mythical ingredient. When the truth is that Korg continue to make interesting instruments… some that appeal to me and some that don’t. Just as Elektron do.

Now, the important question given that I’ve not watched the vid and that is whether @defenestration is still wearing his wee sister’s vest in this one? That could sway me to watch…

2 Likes

Yeah - this Steve Jobs comparison makes no sense at all. Two great things? Bwahahahaha

This thread makes no sense at all.

4 Likes

Bring back Hector!

3 Likes

I really wish they will continue doing effect units though!

2 Likes

As Long as the fx unit is an Multi fx unit with supervoid and delay…hehehe…its called A4…

too Bad for you I put a self destruct in there. As soon as I leave the company they all melt down.

Yeah, that was a bizarre comparison. Especially since Jobs actually left the company for a while, then came back and took it to new heights. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I like music forums because I can avoid the Flat Earther style posts generally, the last thing we need is the tinfoil crowd following us here :frowning:

5 Likes

Aaaaand what everyone forgets…He didnt launch Apple by himself. Without the knowledge and doing of Steve Wozniak and later on many other people, there would be no Apple. Its Teamwork. Always.

1 Like

Currently I’d find the most genius thing can happen now is getting fixes for those long lasting annoying bugs in OT. Make it happen please.

But it is flat

5 Likes

Elektron should sponsor a Flat Earth event jus to get weird again. Anyone remember the original OT Youtube video??

4 Likes

No kidding.
An 808 couldnt be updated. Yet still is coveted.
Strange days…strange days.

3 Likes