End of an Elektron Era?

Likely story! Sounds like Dookie to me.

3 Likes

:rofl:

Do people really view things in such a way? For me personally I take a look at a product and if it meets my needs I consider purchasing it, and if it doesnā€™t I donā€™t, I donā€™t harbour any ill will about it because I realise that Elektron donā€™t exist just to please me, they have other customers whose requirements might differ from mine, Iā€™m sure they know what they are doing :wink:

14 Likes

@unbesbai Look on YT, Look at the Gear pile photos here or other Forumsā€¦i See a shitload of Digitakt and Digitone sā€¦they are everywhere. For a reason.

1 Like

Iā€™m not taking the piss here, but Iā€™d buy an OTKeys (yeh, sidecar style) in a heartbeat.
Just give me a Mk2 with a few pedal control inputs added.

It was a great video just from a knowledge about Daniel perspective, first time Iā€™ve heard of him actually. I donā€™t think anyone can expect people to work for the same company forever these days. So to me it is completely normal he has moved on. Itā€™s not like when Ace and Peter left Kiss :smirk:

2 Likes

Zeitgeist: Elektron

If I may chime in here. Daniel was a very, very large conceptual force behind Octatrack and huge contributor to Elektron in more ways than one can mention in a single video or post. He brought so much life and culture to the brand, and yes, was the longest running employee for many reasonsā€“ridiculous work ethic being one of them not mentioned yet. I worked directly under Daniel for 5 years and owe him so much.

But hereā€™s the thing to remember, and @Ess is on point about this part: See all those other names? Many, many of them are deeply part of not only Octatrack, but Machinedrum, Monomachine, Digi Series, Analog Series. Thereā€™s a very long and wonderful story behind each and every device and series. It is a team effort in the truest sense. From overall concept dreaming, all the way to writing deep arcane embedded code, the countless hours of debugging, prototyping, alchemizing multichannel audio into useable VST format from integrated AD converters all throughout the signal pathā€¦there are incredible people behind the scenes, in R&D, software engineering, hardware engineering, design, marketing, sales, production, accounting, sourcing, and management who donā€™t have that public face that Daniel had, but are deeply dedicated and embedded in the brand through their efforts.

Many of those listed in the Octatrack credits, and even Machinedrum, are still around and continuing to work very hard.

43 Likes

I can explain everything. You see Troberg happened to escape the clutches of the Illuminati, I mean Elektron with the blue prints of the fabled Octatrack MKlll. Word has it he plans to sell it to the evil synth empire known as Behringer! This all classified information of course!

2 Likes

Boctatrack confirmed

4 Likes

Time for an Elektron tattoo!

1 Like

Sure it is kinda humorous with the eerie music/conspiracy theory vibe and yes many people are active participants in a companyā€™s direction. Having said that, I think most of us have noticed a shift in the art direction and design of the machines (Canā€™t say I like the grey). Steve Jobs was one guy but a massive power behind so many aspects of Apple. It has never been the same since he left in terms of product development and advancements people wanted. Not saying Elektron is headed that way (I just purchased a rytm MKII) but I donā€™t think its ridiculous for people to see or expect a shift to happen. Good or Bad.

Even the Moog mother series is such a noticeable shift away from the what I loved about them and their design. I hope that doesnā€™t happen with Elektron. What got me interested was their dark, ominous, industrial design.

Some see that wayā€¦ look at the memes about DK and MS!
Me personally iā€™ve the OT and the DN. Not a professional or successfull musician but jamming with that those things, work for me like a part of the therapy as the music is for me!
Had DT for a brief moment, love the A4 concept and would love to have AR, but i think that the DT and AR donā€™t have a very important feature for me, a bigger storage (especially the AR at that price), better way to manage samples, better scale per track implementation, etc, so i think missed that, that gears was not for me and i will not take my time and put my anergy dissing a brand or a product, but doesnā€™t mean iā€™m all happy when someone try to sell you something as a beta product or almost a full product with promise that features will be implemented laterā€¦
Anyway is all about business. Everybody try to make ā‚¬ as much as possible you like or not and this will not please everybody

1 Like

This is a really long and convoluted ot mk3 announcement. Im not digging the companies new marketing direction, too M. Night Shyamalan for me

1 Like

Made my day :rofl:

I Like the new Elektron. :heart:

I also Like the new Moog. :heart:

5 Likes

:popcorn:

Daniel will be missedā€¦ Very unfortunate but things changeā€¦And continue in doing soā€¦

26 Likes

guess itā€™s lucky for all of us the octatrack already exists and isnā€™t broken. I got the mk 1 literally a week before the mk 2 came out and up to that point EVERYTHING I was reading online said there would NEVER be a mk 2. I donā€™t read too much into it. love my mk 1 to bits. we are gonna survive this.

1 Like

Steve Jobs did two great things for Apple - launching it was the first. Leaving it was the second (though his tragic demise was the unfortunate cause for it).

I believe the same is true for any company where innovation needs eventually to mature. As much as a hymn to the crazy ones is commendable, those with other virtues equally deserve credit for carrying the legacy into the next phase.

2 Likes