End of an Elektron Era?

Don’t really know what to think about this video. Not fun, at least.
With every people leaving a company there is something lost, especially for someone deeply involved.
Opposite is true as well. “Embrace evolution”, I’d say.

Whatever the author thinks I feel like Digitone is a true achievement and 100% respects Elektron spirit. There have been a lot of improvements since the Monomachine, for sure.

10 Likes

Exactly. As is the DT and MS in their own right (the DN is still my favorite though). Elektron is in my eyes still true to its nature: putting out inspirational instruments. Way cool :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

And my Great Destroyer pedal is also working fine :+1:
Not that you’re retired … just wanted to say…x

:money_mouth_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting: this video.

Please.

I guess in the following vid we’ll learn how FM synthesis is big pharma’s way to plant David Guetta fandom into the brains of innocent people.

2 Likes

All I know is I really want that T Shirt

I think they gave them out with the initial release of the Octatrack… or something similar… its in my loft, not been up there in years! Size medium. unworn.

1 Like

The backlash against this video is way overblown. That said, I understand that touching on a subject as painful as people departing can stir emotions. And subtly opining that the company’s current direction isn’t exactly aligned with the creator’s hopes will of course bring dissenters to the fore, but that’s just healthy music tech nerd conversation.

Having come late to the Elektron party I didn’t know of Troberg at all, and the video showed me that he had a significant (though certainly not sole) influence on the Octatrack - my favorite piece of music hardware. Part of me wishes that my fascinations weren’t as esoteric as eurorack modules and boutique Swedish electronic instruments because there aren’t many books or documentaries about these subjects, especially as it relates to the history side of the things. This is one of those rare exceptions. Great video @defenestration

10 Likes

Daniel Troberg will be miss :cry:

2 Likes

Lol you ppl are really overreacting

3 Likes

Some light relief

1 Like

Ooh - you got two “17” trig caps instead of one?

I’m in that camp. Got my first Elektron box less than 12 months ago (DN) and now I’ve got the A4K, OT2 and AR2. The DN turned me on to the whole Elektron thing. And whoever was responsible I take my hat off to them and say a massive thank you.

2 Likes

Oh hey, are we posting comedians singing? Here’s one from me

ps, couldn’t’ care less about the video. when I heard the generic conspiracy pads, it just all felt like someone is trying to throw dung at elektron’s public brand identity.

Just a small question, (don’t throw rocks at me)
Why is an Instrument dead, if there are no new updates?
It is working, as it is at the moment, isn’t it?

4 Likes

The tissue paper and comb last had a firmware update in 1849 and its STILL my go to analog device.

6 Likes

Bang on. The ‘shortcomings’ (whether that’s a lack of OS updates or something more permanent) are what make instruments. More importantly it’s how you exploit those factors. Otherwise we’d all have a Megatron 5000 Turbo iThing and that would make for a boring forum. And world.

2 Likes

@defenestration I knew your voice reminded me of someone :rofl:
Dooley!

2 Likes

No one from Elektron will like this video… but i feel the 2 last new gears from elektron doesn’t honor the love that a lot of people used to have for elektron. They feels that elektron acts like, if we can give us any shit they will love us anyway… but elektron have played a dangerous game and they payed the price, especially with overbridge. The Model:samples i don’t think it is a sucess that elektron imagine it and the digitone knews is not a new tragedy because they bring some thing for digitone too

1 Like

Some of you guys talk about Elektron as if they’re some straight edge punk band that sold out and started doing Green Day covers.

26 Likes