End of an Elektron Era?

:joy:

3 Likes

Yer gonna have to fight that Wonka fellow for mineral rights.

3 Likes

As long as it is Wilder not Depp :rofl:

4 Likes

Fuck that shit, comic sans all the way!

Iā€™ve made a fool of myself.

2 Likes

Well that was all a bit Alex Jones.

As much as I love elektron gear, and find the interactions between those that work there and the users to be a very welcome and pleasant change from the usual faceless company shtick, I do wonder about the emotional investment people have in companies.

Elektron is a business and exists for many reasons, with one being to make a profit. People leave and join companies all the time. Some that have had a lot of input, some that have had little.

Why do people get so upset about this kind of thing? It strikes me that thereā€™s clearly something missing in their own lives, to become so upset about what a business does.

What is the creator of this video trying to say? Is this about their own ā€˜stuffā€™? If so, why are they so upset?
Why take on someone elseā€™s drama? White knighting is so passĆ©.

Or is this just a way to generate traffic by trying to create some dramatic narrative? I see its already been posted in various subreddits on reddit, and half expect to see it on gearslutz and muffs by the morning, which should generate enough revenue for a cup of tea.

Thinking out loud reallyā€¦

5 Likes

I just preordered my Octatrack MKIII. Should be here Monday.

9 Likes

I was sad to find out Troberg had left as he was the main ā€˜public faceā€™ of Elektron I had experienced other than Cenk, and from what I can gather of Trobergā€™s philosophies and interests, his contribution was very important for some of the aspects of Elektron gear I have found so compelling over the past years.

I think itā€™s important to realize I intended this as a tribute to Troberg and his legacy at Elektron, and any exposure this video gets adds to the public awareness of his activity as a producer and performer

any drama you see here is created in your own mind - the video is primarily comprised of publicly known facts and direct quotes and any opinion is clearly stated as such - most of the production decisions are for entertainment/humor and increasing the affective content of the presentation

25 Likes

Seconded.

4 Likes

Murica

Wait what!?!?!?
Hold my Tea!

Just checked and my OT powered on and worked great. All is well.

Kidding aside, the OT is a masterpiece and other than a few bugs, itā€™s perfect (if a mk3 ever saw the light of day, multitrack recording to DAW via USB and more inputs would be nice but again, OT is a pinnacle of sampling/performance). Iā€™ve only had it two years but it continues to blow me away.

If homeboy is in fact moving on, wish him happy trails and move on.
Personally I hope Elektron creates something very new/different that merges several boxes capabilities (in terms of sampling) and adds some crazy new ideas (like a crazy inventive take on a mixer)
I hereby dub this new machine the Elektron Solution: you didnā€™t know you needed but it solves all your problems :grin:

3 Likes

I always thought they were only delivered on Tuesdays?

It was part of the ā€œMkIII Mondaysā€ promo they were running.

2 Likes

Not sure the humour is coming across though fella. I mean, on reddit youā€™re having the same argument about it being humorous as you are here. Perhaps itā€™s less about how Iā€™ve seen it as being dramatic for dramas sake, and more about your sense of humour misfiring.

But again, youā€™re getting traffic from it, so itā€™s obviously doing something right, eh.

I already have an RMA number for my MkIII.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the ā€œconspiracyā€ bit in the information part of your video, only in the production quality/style which obviously borrows heavily from the flatearther and chemtrail videos of this worldā€¦I thought that bit was actually funny.

I can see why @Ess would feel this to be hurtful, but from what I gathered, all this video says is that the guy was an important part of a few important products and that he had a particular philosophy which reflected in those products.

I for one have love and appreciation for the people (all of them :)) that contributed to the creation of the Elektron boxes I own.

1 Like

Honestly you made the video turned images black and white put somber conspiracy music to it and plucked some choice quotes to make it seem like another quote about liking overbridge being untrueā€¦ like after reading the interview what he says makes sense and you tilt stuff by your selection of quotes. I really dont see how you arenā€™t trying to build a false narrative and drama with that overbridge part.

edit I donā€™t think you really had negative intentions with this thing but it seems like there is a narrative that got build purposefully or not.

10 Likes

Iā€™m having several wonderful laughs from this thread. Thank you guys for making the dreary Norwegian independence day celebration a little more fun.

1 Like