End of an Elektron Era?

Moogs are still cool even after Robert Moog era…

1 Like

Elektron USA? I thought it was a Swedish company…

you should note the title of the video contains ‘an Octa-father’ - if I wanted to imply what you are saying, I would have titled it ‘the Octa-father’

and the entire credits for the OT are in the video… :thinking:

5 Likes

Fair enough. I’m off to the woods…

1 Like

I think that its natural for there to be some concern when founding/visionary members of an organization are no longer part of the team. When Bob Moog passed away I am sure some people felt as if the brand might no longer be the same. In some respects that is definitely true, who knows what other synths he would have created or had a hand in. However its all about leaving a tradition and legacy that the next generation of engineers/developers respect and carry on with into the companies future, which I believe Moog as a company is doing. I think that @Ess is an example of individual carrying on this tradition in Elektron, I personally have really enjoyed the DN. Hands down though the Octatrack is my all time favorite instrument I love how deep it is and I’m constantly creating and performing with it, and the addition of trig conditions was monumental in furthering its capabilities. I am confident that Elektron is aware that this is one of their flagship samplers and that in good time they will come back to it and take it to another level, even if it goes by a different name.

P.s. Full disclosure Max Marco’s videos in my opinion are very insightful, and like anyone who’s a true fan he’s concerned about the company’s future and is entitled to his opinion as controversial as it may be. Any potential criticism should always be taken note of by an artist/individual as it will only help you to perfect your craft.

8 Likes

modern moog are tops :ok_hand:t3:

now if they’d just release that darned subharmonicon :smile:

4 Likes

I archive all Octatrack videos that @defenestration makes. They’re really helpful at learning advanced applications of the OT. His deadpan voice is priceless.

The role of Max Marco is played by Gilfoyle from Silicon Valley.

9 Likes

Elektron USA primarily functions as a sales/service division as far as I understand

2 Likes

tbh I was very surprised there was no thread on here already about Daniel leaving when I found out about it and came here to look

1 Like

I’m still reeling from the fact that the earth has a chocolate centre, who knew?

9 Likes

Just buy the Matriarch and be done.:grinning:

2 Likes

I knew. But no one would listen…

3 Likes

I’ve a pair of socks soaking in a basin of warm water for bedtime

1 Like

I’m more of a 60hp sans keys kinda human :smile:

Confirmed double!

8 Likes

Light theme?..

MY EYES!!!

10 Likes

I have both as well . :grin:

Some peeps dislike the model of Telecaster that I have but I suspect Leo would have been ok with it.

1 Like

Are you saying it was a COVER UP?!

4 Likes

please OT MKIII

1 Like

So if I dig a hole in my garden and put a spigot on it = chocolate fountain? :poop:
Or is the chocolate in solid form? I don’t much fancy mining it, prolly easier to go to the shop TBH.

1 Like