This is an OT mk3 advert of course.

16 Likes

That would be genius

19 Likes

OT MK3 OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED

27 Likes

That escalated quickly.

10 Likes

Itā€™s all about clickbait these days. Shameless grabs for attention. The formula is: pick something popular and talk bad about it. Or praise it then claim it is dead, and nothing will be as good in the future. Self-important people who donā€™t care about the actual message, just about the attention it brings them.

Quote from video: ā€œā€œhis sign-off I found more than a bit curious, as I always felt he had been an essential ingredient in the overall design and concepts behind theā€¦ā€ā€

Translation: I read on an internet forum that he designed these machines, so Iā€™m pretending to be an expert historian on the subject. Iā€™ll convince you by using the Ken Burns plugin in my video editing software.

5 Likes

Youtubers. It works

2 Likes

for real, ive seen stranger videos on youtube, weā€™ve all been there at 3am, watching some loon explaining why the earth must have a chocolate centre with a suggested videos list full of things like ā€œWHY YOU SHOULD WEAR WET SOCKS TO BED[2019]ā€

11 Likes

It also doesnā€™t help that we live amongst probably the most self entitled generation. Itā€™s all me, me, me, now, now, now.

It really is staggering that folk can get so wound up by stuff like this.

5 Likes

Not just at 3amā€¦ right now YT wants me to watch this vid about Hitler being still alive :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

anywayā€¦ please just let this post alive and let the people say what they feel

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure the author of this video is a forum member and prolific knowledge dropper ninja warrior with Elektron machines.

Thatā€™s just his voice. I donā€™t think anything sinister was intended and there is no hint of a conspiracy anywhere - the TLDR of the video is ā€œa very early Elektron employee recently left, and maybe thereā€™s a chance that he felt the company had lost sight of its foundational soul, and maybe thatā€™s why he left, or maybe he just wanted to go scuba diving and take a breakā€.

Guess what? All of thatā€™s valid and a reality as businesses grow. Great observation and insight into Daniels work and history.

Nothing more to see here than that. We can all move along, pull our necks in, there is no disrespect, no dead bodies (or Octatracks) on the road.

Paging the author @defenestration

Maybe you critics should check his other content before ripping him a new one?

16 Likes

The government is actually a group of satanic llamas with an agenda of putting doorknobs the bottom of doors :open_mouth:

11 Likes

I knew it!

3 Likes

I feel like a lot of people here are taking the above video way to personally. The unfortunate part is that someone else grabbed the video and posted it with a misleading title. Iā€™ve been watching a lot of Max Marcoā€™s videos lately, and if you did too, youā€™d see how much he contributes to the overall community. Always willing to explain some of the more complex projects and jams that he posts up.

Anyway, Iā€™m going to go look at some trees now.

6 Likes

feeling cute, might look at some trees laterā€¦ idk :thinking:

2 Likes

@Housecliche nailed it :muscle::muscle::muscle:

any ā€˜conspiracyā€™ element is played up primarily for humor - Iā€™m not the one who designed that Illuminati symbol Octatrack shirt :joy::joy::joy:

17 Likes

Yeah. I canā€™t imagine Mac Marco was trying to be provocative here (not in a mean-spirited way). His videos are very supportive of Elektron and- more importantly - Elektron users.

(edit: Looks like the man himself has jumped in while I was typing the above)

2 Likes

Hey all-
My octatrack is working just fine. I think this is a hoax. I also have a telecaster guitar that has been working for decades after Leo Fenderā€™s retirement, so I think itā€™s gonna be OK.

8 Likes