Empty Reset / Initialize

Hey guys, i tried a empty reset but its not emptying all. the factory presets stay. why´s that? got a MD and a OCTA. with them it worked perfectly fine.
is there smth new i missed?
checked the manuel and didnt find smth.
i want a completeley empty and “initalized” A4 to start to prgram and arrange thing how i like to :slight_smile:

Hi, Empty Reset is easy: Switch the A4 off, Hold Function and switch the A4 on again. Than press sequencer step 2.

All pre-performed patterns are deleted.

To get them back do the same but press sequencer step 3 (factory reset).

To reset all data (presets and banks) go to system menu & format the +drive (Projects+Sounds (yes) erase selected data (yes) )

This will erase all data (all data, so backup first!)
After that reboot into the early start up menu (FN-POWER ON) and do a empty reset (2. Seq button) to reset the active project.
You can easily re-set the reset, but only the factory presets and banks, in the FN+Power ON menu (Factory reset) :wink:

Have fun.

1 Like

What am I missing here, I’ve searched on here and read the menu but I don’t see how to initialize everything completely?

I just want to turn the thing on and have it completely blank so to speak. No sounds, no patterns, no sequences, everything set to zero so I can start building a sound from there.

If you want to just create a new project:

GLOBAL SETTINGS->PROJECT->CREATE NEW

If you want to initialize the complete +DRIVE (deletes complete content):

SYSTEM -> FORMAT +DRIVE

12.11.3 FORMAT +DRIVE

Offers the possibility to erase all content, all projects, and sounds, stored on the +Drive. A prompt will ap-pear asking if the formatting procedure should be executed. Press [YES] to proceed with the formatting.

1 Like

The post was actually merged here (to one of the existing topics on initialization), by way of an implicit answer

I’ve edited my post to take that into account :slight_smile:

1 Like