Empress Zoia // Euroburo

Do tell! I mean my simple understanding is that its basically a clipper…

very good idea, the CV flip flop does such thing it seems and I have made some progress away from the sample long loops. the trick seems to be finding the threshold sweet spot - or tbh, I still have no clue but fun

100% this. I don’t think I’ve been as inspired (and daunted) by a piece of gear in a very long time. We are but limited by our imaginations (and knowledge of CV logic… :joy:)

2 Likes

I’m still learning, too, to be clear, but there’s some good knowledge in this thread among others.

1.04 firmware got released the other day - now we can rename modules which should come in handy for me to make the non sense i patch up easier to decipher

6 Likes

Just ordered an Empress Zoia from Perfect Circuit and I’m hoping it gets here before the 4th!

1 Like

Just ordered an Empress Zoia from Perfect Circuit and I’m hoping it gets here before the 4th!

Might be worth mentioning that Perfect Circuit has some of their deepest discounts of the year (including sitewide discounts) during the July 4th weekend. Might wanna cancel and buy in a few days instead!

2 Likes

Yeah! I need to update…

My first impressions with it are very positive. I thought the UI would annoy me but I’m pleasantly surprised. It’s simply a joy to use.

3 Likes

Glad you’re diggin’ it. What are you thinking of using it for?

This is my very first hardware pedal, and it comes with no power cable. Ugh!

The Zoia is on sale for $424 at Perfect Circuit. The sale is now live-ends on Sunday. I ordered mine but didn’t realize that it didn’t include a power adapter :frowning:

Can it be powered by a One Spot? I see in the pic of the housing that there’s a 9V power jack.

http://assets.empresseffects.com/power.html

I think they figured in addition to keeping cost down tone chasers would have a compatible power supply sittin around somewhere.

1 Like

Nice find!

Looks like the One Spot will work for me - at least for the time being. I’ve used it to power my tuner pedal, Infinite Jets, Gamechanger Audio Plus, and EHX DMM 550TT without obvious (to me) noise issues. I get more noise from my crappy Guitar Center instrument cables.

Does anyone use two mono signals instead of stereo - I mean two separate effect chains? What sort of things you do with that setup?

1 Like

Sidechain.
Using a different signal in the feedback path of a delay can be fun as hell.
Dual Channel multi effects.

The Sky is the limit…And processor…:yum:

Do you mean using another effect pedal in a sidechain?

Not especially. I love controlling parameters of an effect with enveloppe followers for exemple.

Imagine you have a pad runinng and you are playing a synth solo on it, every Time the pad rises, it automatically sweep the filter of your solo synth so it is always on top…

Or you have a delay setup on a hat and each Time your snare hits the delay Time is switched to a new value … Things like that…

5 Likes

You need to buy Times magazine? :stuck_out_tongue: