Empress Zoia // Euroburo

Team: a quick question. Can anyone confirm if the routing on the unit will automatically pass LEFT IN to LEFT OUT and RIGHT IN to RIGHT OUT, thereby making a pass-through for any signal run in that LI > LO > RI > RO configuration?

I’ve set it up and have patched the outputs together (as you would) but when I bypassed it, the effects in the ‘loop’ are still sounding. Not complaining if it’s a feature…

1 Like

Are you talking about when you have engaged the bypass switch? or something different?

Thanks for the insight, I’m getting a little too excited about this device now

Each looper, or 4 loopers ?

1 Like

All the loopers! I wasn’t processing anything else or doing much do them, though.

2 Likes

Both active and bypassed. I’m pretty sure if you plug in a series loop it’s not an anomaly that it passes signals straight through.

Thanks !

Has this already been shared? I stumbled onto it on the ZOIA Reddit…

11 Likes

I’m really impressed by the customer service at Empress, I got an email from them today noting that I had registered a Zoia a few weeks back and asking how I’m getting along with it and if I had any questions, I replied stating my satisfaction with the Zoia and that I am still very much in the exploratory phase (due to lack of time for various reasons that I did not go into) and I made a suggestion about an idea for some future video tutorials, I got a reply thanking me and that the suggestion will be kept in mind, and also if I needed any help just to ask. 10/10 @empress_effects

20 Likes

Same experience here, absolutely top notch. Especially considering how small their company is, I’d imagine the amount of replies that need answering from these emails is astronomical. It’s impressive that they’re welcoming that work.

Empress for the win :thup:

5 Likes

I experienced the same; really great communication. They reached out, asked for feedback, I obliged, they came back with a thank you. So good. Much love for the Empress team!

1 Like

Its my second effects unit. First one was gt guitar pedal, which i didnt like, because it was too noisy. Been fiddling only a couple of times without reading the manual (watched a lot of videos before ordering) and i love it. Made a couple of simple effects patches and quality was impressive. Just listened to my op-1 with lots of modulation and tombola seq randomness through zoia for half an hour - wow! I believe its worth the money for the fx alone. But i love the fact that i will take it a lot further than that. Probably a keeper for life together with op-1 and OT :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I feel the same, not many electronic instruments fall into this category, where they get an almost cult like acclaim, I should imagine it is one of the most rewarding things for an instrument maker.

6 Likes

Damn it, you dudes are tempting the hell outa me. I love the OTO Biscuit as my OT cue out FX unit. But buidling up an OT based battery power rig, the Zoia seems like the ultimate option.

6 Likes

Probably a keeper for life together with op-1 and OT

I feel the same, not many electronic instruments fall into this category, where they get an almost cult like acclaim

It’s possible I’m still in some kind of honeymoon affair with it, but at the moment it’s the one single piece of gear I have that I doubt I’ll ever sell.

And yes, was very impressed by Empress personally emailing and then following up. I’ve never had that happen before. I took a few minutes to thank the hell out of them for being so responsive and fostering a proper community.

This is the best video I’ve seen for Zoia yet, featuring many user patches:
Empress Zoia (Introduction) | Showcase

3 Likes

i caved and received it yesterday. what an incredible device. the audio part seems very intuitive - remarkable UI design…

I am struggling with the MIDI part though - I cant seem to send MIDI out. Is there anything more to it than creating a Midi Note out module and feed it some notes from a sequencer? ( i easily managed to get external clock in, wire it to my gate in for the sequencer - the sequencer sends notes to the midi out module). I’m pretty stuck here…

learned something: I created a midi note out module with a velocity add on - this occupies 3 dots but I only had 2 dots to spare on the page - that means the velocity parameter was kinda hidden so I didn’t notice that it was set to zero and hence, only note off messages got send. something to look out for, it’s not that it just slides onto the next page, it only reveals itself after moving the module over by a dot to give it enough space

2 Likes

That video was SO good. I’ve got loads of inspiration for making some kick ass effects now… I really, really, really need to make some time to play with the loopers and granular effects

2 Likes

Posting (re-posting?) the official feature discussion site. I think you get access as soon as you register your devices:

https://support.empresseffects.com/support/discussions/forums/1000229512

Lots of good feature discussions going on.

1 Like

that might be one step closer to clicking the buy button…

2 Likes