Empress Zoia // Euroburo

Sometimes I want to send the EU that clip

The new firmware 1.02 dropped, and it’s a good one. Looper overdub! MIDI CC learn!

8 Likes

And a Zoia T-Shirt for the first person to find and submit a bug!

If they’re delivering updates this fast – that really speaks volumes for the long term support of this product.

7 Likes

Also a request for a granular module in the voting forums was officially set to “in progress”, minor thing maybe but certainly good news.

4 Likes

Empress makes their stuff sound so good – so maybe a Granular module won’t be such a minor thing. Good news for sure.

3 Likes

I meant the “in progress” change might be minor. The actual granular module will be huge for sure! I predict it’ll be a game changer and reason to buy the pedal alone for some.

2 Likes

Will probably replace my Oto Bim with the Zoia i guess …

Looooooper! Winning. A granular module/effect will make this thing unstoppable for me.

1 Like

So happy to hear the good news about the looper! I was racking my brain routing all kinds of stuff with the loopers to get overdubbing and it just wasn’t happening. I am so psyched about this :ecstatic:

1 Like

Is it possible to run an internal synth patch through one output and use other output as an fx out with external incoming audio?

2 Likes

Yep, totally possible. You can set up audio in and audio out routings however you’d like. For your example you could have the internal synth patch routed to the L output (mono), and have the L/R inputs take in a stereo input, process it with Zoia effects, and route it to the R output (mono). You can have separate gain controls for both the L and R outputs. Or you could have a synth patch, an L mono input and an R mono input from two different devices, all summed into stereo L/R out. Etc.

(I should add that none of this requires any sort of complex patching or problem solving. It’s just a few seconds of creating audio in modules and audio out modules, then patching the signal flow you have in mind)

1 Like

Yes! Thank you! Can’t wait for my Zoia to arrive tomorrow

1 Like

Overdubbing transforms the usefulness of the 4 loopers. If empress plan to maintain a growing library of modules Zoia looks very promising.
I wonder will they ever provide a lower level IDE to allow user coding of modules, taking it into axoloti/organelle territory?
Or flash the firmware to load up Orac 2.0!

1 Like

Hot damn! The question of whether to buy a Zoia has changed.

Should I?
To:
How many? :joy:

Looks like deserved success for such a great product, hats off to @empress_effects for pulling this off, now can we get some in the UK plz :wink:

8 Likes

Aaaand ordered one. Can’t wait to introduze miss Z to her bigger-grid sister Deluge.

5 Likes

I can really feel with you. This little modular box of effects crawled from the bottom of my shopping list all the way up to rank 1.

7 Likes

From this

To this

12 Likes

[excitement builds]

I’ve had my Zoia for two days. It’s a clever little device and I can very well see it defining a whole new category. In fact, it feels a little like something Elektron could have come up with. Usability is ok-ish, but considering the fact it does something that Live/Max could do, too, it also feels a little cumbersome. Why they had to put it into a guitar pedal is beyond me, but that’s not a big deal. I have yet to decide whether it’s a keeper.

5 Likes

Not yet having laid hands on it, i’m most interested by it’s interface’s capability to allow patching on the box itself and that there are already a sufficient number of modules inside to allow creative approximations and variations of great ideas without needing a PC editor.

I hope it is widely adopted and encourages empress to keep up the active support and community development. Introduction of further clever but simple modules can allow users great leaps in new patch designs. I’d love to see a custom module designer app enabling DSP and logic programming … that could render the Zoia near immune from obsolescence and help the community effort to thrive.

2 Likes