Empress Zoia // Euroburo

Thanks! Go team! Did you order the 6V? Will that work for the Zoia (electricity is a mind muddle)?

Dauhm. I will have to check that out.

1 Like

The zoia is 9v centre negative :+1:

2 Likes

Right but the OT is 6V. Did you order a 9V rip cord? Will it work on both?

Sorry. Green to this electricity game.

Octatrack is 12v.
i ordered both a 9v negative, and a 12v ripcord.

9 for the zoia. 12 for the OT :wink:

1 Like

Gotcha.

My OT MKI is 6V :man_shrugging: will the 9V work on it? Or does one not simply mix voltages?

Ah soorry i was talkin about OTMK2. It didnt even occur to me they might have different power requirements. Wasnt thinkin.

Theres a 6v positive Ripcord. Id assume thatā€™d work with your OT mk1 but im not certain tbh. maybe someone else can chime in. Or email em to make sure.

1 Like

Ofc but I was only curious if one can use a 9V rip cord on a 6V unit.

First impressions:

This is more of a ā€œfirst demoā€ than ā€œimpressionā€ā€¦ I only had about 90 mins with it yesterday before I had to do some other stuff. This evening is full of free time, so I hope to dig a bit deeper.

Okay - I didnā€™t pull out my sax, but I plugged my OP-1 in to mess with presets. Thereā€™s some killer stuff in there! A lot of it is showing off whatā€™s possible rather than giving you a ton of out-of-the-box stage-ready presets, but there are some patches that are definitely immediately usable. Iā€™m digging the very nice modulated delay/reverb patches. I really like the weird 3 looper one for texture stuff. Itā€™s more of a texture sampler than looper.

I did quickly create a delay/reverb patch on my own with envelope follower for delay time modulation. Thankfully, I had watched several videos (thanks, @cuckoomusic !), so I had a good sense of it. I highly recommend having the module list in front of you. At least for me, it can be a lot to keep in your mindā€™s eye when youā€™re trying to remember what module does the specific thing you know to be possible.

Canā€™t wait to dive in more tonight! I hope to test the pitch follower with the horn. If I get something usable, Iā€™ll make a really bad, quick video.

5 Likes

Yea i get ya. i just dont know, but id doubt it.

1 Like

Never ever try to put higher voltage into a device than specified!

You never know if the electronics inside are safeguarded against it or if you fry/destroy it.

8 Likes

Just to check in, I ordered through Prymaxe and it arrived yesterday. No problems.

Has anyone tested that Ripcord with Zoia yet? I realized I need a power solution and that looks like the most convenient for all situations.

Spent all day with this running in a feedback loop with the digitone (Z->DTinput, DT->Zinput) , with both boxes sending and receiving midi and it was glorious. There is so much space to explore with this tiny little box, just barely scratching the surface.

7 Likes

excitement intensifies

Iā€™m picking up my Zoia this coming Tuesday. Work commitments mean I likely wonā€™t get any time with it at all for a couple of weeks, but stillā€¦ itā€™ll be in my hands! For me, the first port of call will be digging into itā€™s looping capabilities.

Would I be right in thinking the grid could be used for some MLR-type start-position-futzing?

Any trustworthy store in Europe selling Zoias? Iā€™m still waiting for Thomann to send mine but now it says 2-3 weeks, so I guess they got a small batch and I wasnā€™t one of the lucky buyersā€¦might cancel the order if I find it somewhere else.

Thereā€™s a discussion group about it on Facebook and so far itā€™s very active. Doesnā€™t help with the GAS, though hahaha

I ordered mine from Gear4Music, which is showing me a delivery date of 30 April, but the page now says itā€™s estimated delivery of 28-30 August so Iā€™m hoping I got in on the first batch. Am checking!

Thank you! Although Elektron did say my ARMKI PSU would work on my OTMKI, they advised not to make it a permanent thing.

Pro tip!

Super excited to use the various followers. Never used them before and in thinking about them they could do some interesting work. Although Empress has confirmed the pitch follower is really bad - but theyre working on it.

1 Like

My ZOIA landed today (I was expecting it at the end of May so this is an amazing thing!).

I plugged it in, found a reverb patch, made some swells, and put all my other pedals straight back in their box! This pedal is amazing. The loopers seem really good fun and I think thereā€™ll be a lot of textural magic to be found.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll get any time with it for a week or so (client work demands my time) but Iā€™m so happy to have it. Really glad I dove in and grabbed this one instead of something else.

5 Likes

Strymon BigSky, allegedly. Was considering buying one, before I found a good deal for an Eventide H9 Max. Now there are so many interesting reverb pedals on the market, including the Zoia, heh, that Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d go for the BigSky now if I hadnā€™t gotten the H9.

Eventideā€™s 'factor pedals reportedly have it (they call it ā€œspilloverā€) but not the H9.

1 Like

Some Zoia goofery for yā€™all.

7 Likes