Empress Zoia // Euroburo

awesome, nice one @xidnpnlss

1 Like

Ordered it from a Swedish site called tg11 today.
Ordered 12:59, shipped 13:19. Now thatā€™s good service!

1 Like

Thanx!

You are exactly on the same position as i was. Tried a lot of times to buy an h9, but iĀ“m happy i never did. If you compared H9 and Zoia, Zoia have more possibilities and the button matrix also acts has a controller - it can, for example, record and play loops. Obviously the quality of the fx on the eventide is also very good, but my main concern with the Zoia was gone when i heard how good it sound.

I havenĀ“t found any bugs yet. There was a time where i saved a patch and it seemed that it saved with diferent parameters but that only happen once so it was probably user error.

3 Likes

Enjoy! :wink:

Great stuff. What a relief to have something so complex be bug free. Probably why it took ages to release, but in the end, wonā€™t spend additional time frustrated.

They have this one on their facebook page.

DonĀ“t have it yet so i donĀ“t know if itĀ“s any good or not.

https://www.storkz.com/hosa-ymp434.html?currency=NOK&country=NO&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsAGYQAmdd2KZDNjFE31VnQCfO7MkZOzdLFYJW_JsYHx1CnCIfvS623EHx0VkaAqJkEALw_wcB

2 Likes

Yes, so far so good, buuuuut i havenĀ“t really tested it a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

It comes with manual, sd 8gb and midi adapter. No power supply.

2 Likes

You are a true hero.

Adapters for both Midi In/Out?

Hereā€™s a live stream from yesterday from collector//emitter, making patches from scratch around 18min in:

2 Likes

Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

What happens to the delays/reverb tails when changing to another patch ?
Do they continue or get cut off ?

1 Like

They do seem to get cut, unfortunately. Havenā€™t tried to send program changes to Change patches yet, but it is possible. I just wonder how fast it is and if it sounds good or rather abrupt.

1 Like

I remember Cuckoo and Steve talking about it in NAMM '18 vid. He said allowing trails was possible - if I understood him correctly - but he didnā€™t seem too enthused about doing anything about. From what Iā€™ve seen in other videos PCs are instantaneous.

Iā€™m curious: are there FX boxes where no tails are cut on a patch change? AFAIK, all FX Iā€™ve worked with cut the sound when changing patches/presets.

1 Like

All I see for now on patchstorage.com are just factory presetsā€¦ Thatā€™s still a lot to play with and learn, but I canā€™t wait to see what people will come with that wonder box :grinning:

PS: as a fan of Blade Runner 2049 I canā€™t be more amazed by the Plaything preset, sounds so good !

1 Like

Folks, itā€™s hereā€¦ sitting on my desk. Taunting my peripheral vision while I ā€œwork.ā€

5 Likes

I only asked as this is ā€˜modern techā€™
I like how delays go weird on digitakt when changing pattern with different time settings.

1 Like

So doing some digging on portable power (really want to use it to process field recordings in real time):

Mixed reviews on the old version of this one, especially when introducing a digital pedal (the website states it was not designed for them). Though thatā€™s from people using multiple pedals (ie tone chasers).

Also found a lot of feedback on the noise, again especially when introducing digital.

I wonder if one of these simple Ripcords on my powerbank will do the trick.

3 Likes

on yesterdays sonic state stream he had the ripcords , powering an analog 4/rytm from a usb power brick.
it seemed fine.

3 Likes

Ive cancelled the Benton n ordered a pair of ripcords. For my OT and ill test it with the Zoia when it arrives.

1 Like