Empress Zoia // Euroburo

I hate you…Deeply…Ordered ! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

What is “IG”?

Instagram

2 Likes

Which IG? I didn’t see it on their page. Was it on a story that expired? GAAAH!!! Yay!

In the comments. People naturally just started throwing out requests and these were confirmed. Haven’t seen wavefolder confirmed yet :crossed_fingers:

I t hink the Koma Strom Mobile is interesting. I’m def interested in something portable as I plan to use this with my Field Recorder…

Speaking of: anyone know anything about the types of inputs/ outputs these are? I’m assuming balanced but maybe they do funky things too like Strymon…

1 Like

I passed this on to another forum and Empress chose to reply there:

“Yes, these are features I’m excited about, but they will take time.”

In response to a complaint about lack of MIDI clock.

“That is one module that slipped our mind, but it will be pretty simple to add MIDI clock in and MIDI clock out.”

In response to a complaint about not being able to access the Empress support forum in order to submit Zoia feature requests:

" Sorry for the hassle. Email support@empresseffects.com about it or sign up again at https://empresseffects.wufoo.com/forms/join-the-empress-new-features-voting-forum/"

3 Likes

I’m suprised midi clock slipped their mind considering the extensive range of modules they’ve already implemented.
id imagine that’ll be fairly high on their list now.
thanks for relaying the info :+1:t3:

2 Likes

The lowest hanging fruit is the most likely to make a next software release and MIDI clock sounds like low hanging fruit for them.

1 Like

Cool. I’m curious: which one?

I appreciate their being upfront. There was never radio silence when asked about it delays nd my guess is that this thing had a ton of bugs that needed ironing out and it will be shipped with a solid OS (no small feat). Stands in stark contrast to how some other companies approach these things.

As always, RTFM: “Here you can adjust the ZOIA’s input headroom. The default setting is -6dB. If you hear any clipping distortion when feeding your ZOIA a hot signal, you can set the pad to -12dB. If you have a quiet signal and you’d like to increase your signal-to-noise ratio you can select 0dB. Note that the input pad setting affects both inputs.”

BTW that control port has wicked potential.

1 Like

The Gear Page’s Effects forum. This should be the permalink to Empress’s post. Just discovered the permalink feature, lol.

1 Like

Ah yes. Totally forgot about that forum. Good shout.

Not even out yet and we’re already thick in hyperbole. But some good insights nonetheless. At least they seem confident in its “singularity”

Also: patches have started showing up at the patchstorage site. Looks fuuuun.

3 Likes

This is the first link that’s really given me an idea of what you can achieve in Zoia.

It seems really interesting. For me it would mean thinking about sound design and effects creation at a deeper level than I do currently (even compared to my Elektron stuff).

It really appeals to me, but I wonder if it will hinder my actual music creation, to be replaced by endless tinkering about…

4 Likes

Highly probable

7 Likes

starts shipping tomorrow :ok_hand:t3:

3 Likes

Nice article! Plenty of info that is too easy to miss in the videos posted so far.

1 Like

starting to want one :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Still on the fence … Orac 2.0 on my raspberry pi is keeping GAS at bay.

1 Like

What I liked about this article was the emphasis on patch templates: I think this is an essential tip that people undervalue, especially with vast tools like this. Whether its on my DAW , OT or soon-to-be Zoia, I have a template ready to go for all possible whims. It cuts down on so much time.

2 Likes

Nothing at all wrong with that. Process over production.

2 Likes