Empress Zoia // Euroburo

They do seem to get cut, unfortunately. Haven’t tried to send program changes to Change patches yet, but it is possible. I just wonder how fast it is and if it sounds good or rather abrupt.

1 Like

I remember Cuckoo and Steve talking about it in NAMM '18 vid. He said allowing trails was possible - if I understood him correctly - but he didn’t seem too enthused about doing anything about. From what I’ve seen in other videos PCs are instantaneous.

I’m curious: are there FX boxes where no tails are cut on a patch change? AFAIK, all FX I’ve worked with cut the sound when changing patches/presets.

1 Like

All I see for now on patchstorage.com are just factory presets… That’s still a lot to play with and learn, but I can’t wait to see what people will come with that wonder box :grinning:

PS: as a fan of Blade Runner 2049 I can’t be more amazed by the Plaything preset, sounds so good !

1 Like

Folks, it’s here… sitting on my desk. Taunting my peripheral vision while I “work.”

5 Likes

I only asked as this is ‘modern tech’
I like how delays go weird on digitakt when changing pattern with different time settings.

1 Like

So doing some digging on portable power (really want to use it to process field recordings in real time):

Mixed reviews on the old version of this one, especially when introducing a digital pedal (the website states it was not designed for them). Though that’s from people using multiple pedals (ie tone chasers).

Also found a lot of feedback on the noise, again especially when introducing digital.

I wonder if one of these simple Ripcords on my powerbank will do the trick.

3 Likes

on yesterdays sonic state stream he had the ripcords , powering an analog 4/rytm from a usb power brick.
it seemed fine.

3 Likes

Ive cancelled the Benton n ordered a pair of ripcords. For my OT and ill test it with the Zoia when it arrives.

1 Like

Thanks! Go team! Did you order the 6V? Will that work for the Zoia (electricity is a mind muddle)?

Dauhm. I will have to check that out.

1 Like

The zoia is 9v centre negative :+1:

2 Likes

Right but the OT is 6V. Did you order a 9V rip cord? Will it work on both?

Sorry. Green to this electricity game.

Octatrack is 12v.
i ordered both a 9v negative, and a 12v ripcord.

9 for the zoia. 12 for the OT :wink:

1 Like

Gotcha.

My OT MKI is 6V :man_shrugging: will the 9V work on it? Or does one not simply mix voltages?

Ah soorry i was talkin about OTMK2. It didnt even occur to me they might have different power requirements. Wasnt thinkin.

Theres a 6v positive Ripcord. Id assume that’d work with your OT mk1 but im not certain tbh. maybe someone else can chime in. Or email em to make sure.

1 Like

Ofc but I was only curious if one can use a 9V rip cord on a 6V unit.

First impressions:

This is more of a “first demo” than “impression”… I only had about 90 mins with it yesterday before I had to do some other stuff. This evening is full of free time, so I hope to dig a bit deeper.

Okay - I didn’t pull out my sax, but I plugged my OP-1 in to mess with presets. There’s some killer stuff in there! A lot of it is showing off what’s possible rather than giving you a ton of out-of-the-box stage-ready presets, but there are some patches that are definitely immediately usable. I’m digging the very nice modulated delay/reverb patches. I really like the weird 3 looper one for texture stuff. It’s more of a texture sampler than looper.

I did quickly create a delay/reverb patch on my own with envelope follower for delay time modulation. Thankfully, I had watched several videos (thanks, @cuckoomusic !), so I had a good sense of it. I highly recommend having the module list in front of you. At least for me, it can be a lot to keep in your mind’s eye when you’re trying to remember what module does the specific thing you know to be possible.

Can’t wait to dive in more tonight! I hope to test the pitch follower with the horn. If I get something usable, I’ll make a really bad, quick video.

5 Likes

Yea i get ya. i just dont know, but id doubt it.

1 Like

Never ever try to put higher voltage into a device than specified!

You never know if the electronics inside are safeguarded against it or if you fry/destroy it.

8 Likes

Just to check in, I ordered through Prymaxe and it arrived yesterday. No problems.

Has anyone tested that Ripcord with Zoia yet? I realized I need a power solution and that looks like the most convenient for all situations.

Spent all day with this running in a feedback loop with the digitone (Z->DTinput, DT->Zinput) , with both boxes sending and receiving midi and it was glorious. There is so much space to explore with this tiny little box, just barely scratching the surface.

7 Likes