Empress Zoia // Euroburo

Empress Zoia looks cool: https://youtu.be/rsFT5Ta9RBQ

7 Likes

Jeezus

3 Likes

cant get my head around it!!!

Zoia is a compact grid of musical anything. Use modules to construct instruments, effects, utilities. Save and transfer them via SD. It is what you need it to be.

Features: - Stereo operation (including Empress effect algorithms) - MIDI i/o - CV & clock in - Save patches as supermodules to speed up creation - Ongoing updates (new modules!) - Random create function to jumpstart or invigorate your process - Blocks can all be linked freely to multiple sources & destinations - Extensive favourites system: even moments can be favourited, to quickly return to a safe place if your patch goes awry

This is an introduction. Tentative release information: Spring, $450.

19 Likes

Wow! I’m pretty glad I held off on going back to the Octatrack for my portable FX Processor!

3 Likes

Seems like a stand-alone monome. Not bad, not bad at all.

1 Like

Like an Fx Rack in Abelton with macro control. Stereo i/o, fun device.

2 Likes

Looks cool, any word of a price tag? Bit like organelle with more buttons and works standalone rather than programming it in the computer, I think that’s what I’m looking at anyway?

Nice! Extremely tiny buttons though…

I saw 450 when googling.

1 Like

What a great lil box! And it includes most of the hyped empress FX algos? Brilliant.

1 Like

Yeah i want it bad! Zoia and organelle together with octatrack will be crazy. Let the GAS begin looks up sperm and plasma donation centers nearby

5 Likes

hahahah this is absolutely mental

Yes, this trend to make everything tiny is obnoxious… The elektron AR/A4/OT mk1 size is perfect IMO.

1 Like

I want to buy more gear to avoid finishing tracks

63 Likes

What? You actually RECORD your music? :wink:

8 Likes

Really interesting. But why so small? The screen is tiny as f€%§ !

1 Like

Seriously- with something like this, a simi-modular like the O-Coast, then your initial modular setup wouldn’t need to be extravagant. Maybe something for sampling or something.

We really are living in the golden age :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This one deserves its own thread! Does it have stereo i/o?

2 Likes

Zoia is super interesting! I wonder if you you can use it as a sequencer too. At least it was hinted at and offer MIDI in and out. Even if it couldn’t this would be a really super useful and forward thinking FX box and looper.

thats retro, its 2018 baby