Elvis!

You are the chosen one.

7 Likes

@layertx you just entered the legend!
First and unique person in two decades to catch MDā€™s Elvis on video! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ahaha good work. Had this once like the second time I turned my MD on. Never seen it since so must be pretty low chance of it showing!

2 Likes

ngl I feel pretty cool, machinedrum is how I learned to speak elektron and it has blessed me :heart:

2 Likes

I wonder if the guys that did the .04 added the anim. When I saw my Elvis, it was just show up, no slide in (unless I missed that part, it was so quick)

My question isā€¦why were you filming. :grimacing:
Sorry I HAD to ask. The internet has me questioning EVERYTHING these days.

Iā€™d been waiting, camera ready, to take a pic of my screen for years after I saw Elvis in hopes Iā€™d catch him again. I gave up.

I see him fairly often with .04

Iā€™ve only seen him twice with official OSā€™s

Iā€™ve had mine since 2005ā€¦seen it once. I just happened to be looking when I powered. Almost missed it.

1 Like

I saw the grid space animation and was overall just stoked on the firmware, wanted to show it off to my synth homies on IG so I got a video! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just came back to say that I think its safe to assume they didnā€™t increase the probability of an elvis sighting in the new unofficial firmwares. I turn my MD on multiple times a day sometimes and always make sure to look just in case, havenā€™t seen him since my initial recording and havenā€™t heard of other sightings. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Probably just lucky. Only seen him once since that last post.
(Still on .04)

1 Like

elvis showed his face on my machinedrum this day, 14th of april 2022 :star_struck:

11 Likes

has anyone had Elvis show up with the X firmware?

2 Likes

They should have it boot to Elvis very time. Pointless otherwise.

2 Likes

you can get it to show up on the MCL at boot w/ a certain konami code

1 Like

Iā€™m curious if thereā€™s a hidden screen in the monomachine as well?

A friend of mine has just told me theyā€™ve seen Mao Zedong.

4 Likes

Butā€¦ then itā€™s no longer special to see Elvis. Also he might get a little too comfortable and start making unreasonable demands and force you to re-release his hits with you crooning over the machinedrum doing its best rendition of blue suede shoes and before you know it Elvis is using you as a fleshy interface to live through while your own dreams and desires wither and die. Is that what you want?

7 Likes

How did you guess?

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my life being taken control of by pixelated digital representations of semi-historical pop culture icons more times than I care to remember, can spot a potential victim from miles away. Stay safe.

6 Likes

Probably more in it for me over capitalism!