Elk-herd 3.0 public alpha

Nice one Mark !

Yes sir, quick effortless backup.

Somewhat related - also thinking of a way to duplicate data on another machine, as in cloning the digi.

Sounds good.

Aleluja, I’m on 1.08. Come on folks !

Any idea if Firefox qualifies ?

Maybe eleKtron could help ?

:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Awesome, been waiting for this! Thank you so much.

I’ve been trying it now for 20 mins or so and here are my results:
At first all good, connected to the digitakt and I was able to save a back up of the project and then start rearranging samples, but when I went to send the project back to the DT it didn’t work, there was a progress bar showing on chrome but nothing was sent back to the DT. Did a power cycle tried again but same result.

It seems to also disconnect and not be able to see the DT after a few minutes of being idle, disconnecting the USB doesn’t work, I have to power cycle it back up for it to connect to the app again.

When moving samples around I noticed that every so often the drag and drop motion wasn’t working, it would pick and drag but wouldn’t drop them in the new location.

1 Like

Nope, it doesn’t support WebMIDI.

2 Likes

also a main wish of mine

Much Thanks “mzero” !

1 Like

This is huge for me. Being able to easily pull and organize pattern/sound content from different projects to put together live sets … thank you!

2 Likes

Yep. Same idea here!

1 Like

You’ve got to update dude!!! I can’t wait to try this out when I get back into town with my Digitakt, looks amazing. My mind is blown that someone outside of Elektron is able to accomplish this.

4 Likes

Any chance of a usage number next to sample / sound ?

If something is only used once I could choose to remove it :grinning:

4 Likes

Please take this very quick, 2 question, anonymous survey about Digitkat OS versions:

— kthxbai :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Submitted a response, latest OS all the way. The list of bug fixes and upgrades are always so compelling that I update instantly. I guess if I was a live performer and everything was working properly at the moment I would be more wary, but I’m not so…

4 Likes

Did the survey. Seems like Every update for the digitakt fixes something that was broken or adds something good so I generally update it quickly. I have avoided all beta firmware though.

3 Likes

Hey Mark,

Nice Job! I bought you a beer. A couple of things…

Not sure if this has been mentioned but you might want to let users know on the splash screen that they need to switch the DT to usb-midi from Overbridge mode.

I really like being able to save a DT project onto my Mac HD and archive it there plus of course being able to reload it from my Mac HD. For some reason I still don’t fully trust Elektron’s C6 dump.

Would it be possible to use your app to send a randomised selection of wav files from the +Drive into the free sample slot space on the DT - for additional aleatory mayhem.

1 Like

1.08 support will be in by end of the week… possibly sooner.

There a fair bit of stuff I can think of to tell you next to a sample or sound. For example, when you’ve selected a single pattern, the sample could show what track it’s in, and if it is plock’d. Patterns could show if they use LFO for SAMP.SLOT. Samples could show (if I can figure it out) if they are within such an LFO’d range. Samples could show what +Drive directory they’re from. etc… Problem is lack of space to show any of this… I’ll going to have to meditate with the UI deities…

Hmmm… you are the second person who had no luck with OB mode… whereas it works for me. Can you PM your set up details (computer OS, version of OB, etc…)

The program does have enough information to do such a crazy thing… I through that idea in the hopper… but it’ll be certainly a ways off, as I still have some major functionality to do.

3 Likes

YEEHSS
This is so very helpful. Thank you.
DT is all nice and clean now.
Where is the Buying-You-A-Beer link?

2 Likes

In elk-herd itself: the beer bottle in the upper right corner.
Or just here.

1 Like

@mzero Beautiful work. UI looks great, are you using a JS framework for it?

1 Like

layout & CSS built on Bootstrap 4
code written in Elm

2 Likes

That’s fantastic, thanks Mark !

:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I am having some problems to put projects back to the digitakt. In the page I can read " sending projects to digitakt, and then I see the bar getting full, but digitakt is not receiving anything. I am not in Overbridge mode, and I am able to fetch the project and make a backup. Although it is not working every time. Right now is taking some time to fetch a project and I saw the message “the communication is wrong, try ?slow”
I am in Google Chrome Version 77.0.3865.90, does this has something to do with me being in linux?
Now Chrome froze and I lost the connection. But reprobe, i got the message “no compatible device found” even if I see “Elektron Digitakt” in the Midi Devices list… even my computer is freezing a little bit by this… :-/

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re having issues.

Can you check that on the Digitakt, in the Settings (:gear:) > MIDI Config > Port Config screen, check that both Input From and Output To are set to USB?

If these are set to MIDI+USB, then transfers are much slower, and I think sometimes the Digitakt’s MIDI buffers get full, making it unresponsive.

Warning: Restoring a project that was saved with MIDI+USB settings, will change the settings back to MIDI+USB… so worth checking now and then.

3 Likes