Elektron's US Support Slow/Sucks

Last last year I bought a B-Stock Analog Four Mk2 and has an issue with LEDs flashing randomly. Took weeks back and forth with Sweetwater to confirm (it would happen sporadically) and weeks to get a response from Elektron. I diagnosed the issue a week after I got it, and since it was B-Stock and they had none left, repair was my only option. I sent it in almost 3 weeks ago and was told to expect another 3 weeks for repairs.

I’ve been dealing with this issue since December 17th, and I’m not terribly happy about how Sweetwater or Elektron have handled it.

You’re right, I could just save & load on shut down & start up, and that will have to do.

The frustrating thing is, it was diagnosed as a fault on my machine and went for a repair. After 9 weeks and lots of chasing, it came back in the exact same condition complete with unfixed issue.

If it turns out to be a bug with the software then hopefully it will be fixed. But, I have to ask why make me send it in and give me the runaround.

I’ll see what happens this week.

1 Like

Probably not the best title for your subject man, it might even make them less inclined to want to help as a lot of the staff do visit this site

That’s a shame. The were SUPER helpful with my issues. I’ve told the story a few times. The short version is they totally saved my MD. They were awesome.

2 Likes

If they know anything about customer service, titles like this should make them want to do better.

That said, I always got quite quick (maybe one day) responses when I had issues with my Elektron boxes, but this was years ago and I never had to send the units for repair.

1 Like

In short: broke a lamp and glass fell on top of my DN leaving marks. Wrote the ppl at Elektron for a quote on new faceplate and buttons. Sent the unit and a week later got it back with a note saying «free will repair» and an invoice of 0 (zero) for the amount. Otherwise the quote was for around 70 eur.
Best support ever.

4 Likes

Kind of weird that they fix these problems quickly free of charge that are results of user error… when at the same time users with actual issues are not getting help?

2 Likes

If they read a title on their own forum saying they suck. Their response should be to suck less, not purposely suck more.

We’ve been over this many times…

The euro support is great (goes direct to Sweden?), the U.S. support sucks (goes to some chumps)

2 Likes

I was in the US, SF. Awesome service!
:+1:t6::+1:t6::+1:t6:

1 Like

Maybe it has to do with where you send for repairs. I live in Oslo so it went directly to HQ in Sweden

My two experiences with the Elektron US workshop (OT warranty repair a few years ago and MD battery replacement recently) have been the opposite: quick responses to all messages and everything handled as professionally as expected.

I’m sorry for those who have undoubtedly experienced poor or slow service, but its certainly not a universal experience.

2 Likes

In late 2015 my MM was freezing.
After a couple days of diagnosis with support over email, I was advised to send it to the LA support location for repair under warranty. The internal PSU needed replacing.

Including shipping to and from (which is 3-4 days each way from where I live), I was without the MM for just under 3 weeks.

Overall I was satisfied with the experience.

3 Likes

More updates on this.

After the return of my Analog Heat and the problem still persisting, I reached back out to SE to express my frustration.

I got a next day reply with more information.

Turns out the problem is a software bug and it’s been flagged as something to be fixed. So even though it was away for 9 weeks, it’s great to know it’s not my machine that is broken.

As an apology, Elektron have offered me a protective lid and 2 free sound packs. This is appreciated from my side. But, IMHO they do need to step up their support game over here in the US.

Thanks all for your opinions, tips and advice.

3 Likes

Good that they know identified the issue. Sucks you had less than stellar support - theyve done right by me the one or two times ive actually used them - and they reply pretty quickly otherwise.

Hey that’s pretty tight to get 2 free sound packs and a decksaver! Nice! Those lids feels like they could take a sledgehammer hit.

1 Like