Elektronauts Tribute Album: Silver Souls

Great guys! I didn’t even know this is happening… Next time I’ll submit also.

The compilations, once again, prove how creative the community really is!

I submitted a MM track only, thinking it would be one of a few and there were so many!

I would like to personally thank all of the contributors and everyone that was involved in the process.

I echo the sentiments that this should happen more often. I’ll be here for the next one.

I’m holding off promoting the compilation to the ‘outside’ world until a charity has been chosen. So please let us know when that has been decided.

Thanks again for your time and consideration,

jd

peace

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

We discussed the charity fund and we decided that all donations will go to the ‘Fire Relief, Recovery, and Resiliency Fund for Oakland Fire’ www.youcaring.com/firevictimsofoaklandfiredec232016-706684
or http://grayarea.org/initiative/fire-relief-fund/
If you don’t know anything about this awful event check:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Oakland_warehouse_fire

Thanks everybody for the great response and for all donations!

1 Like

Hey @YloopZ,

I don’t want to put shade this thread, please don’t take wrong the following.
I just needed to express that I personally feel a wee bit bad about directing the few funds to Oakland victims…

First, it’s USA-centered: I would have preferred some worldwide solution, as I suggested above.
California is the richest region on this planet. I know there is misery there as well, but still…

Secondly, it’s for the families, not the musicians. This tradition of giving money to the families that lost people feels very strange to me, it’s not something we would think of in my country. But I would prefer the money to go to musicians or to-be musicians, my personal feeling on this.

Thirdly, this campaign already raised almost half a million dollars.

Of course if most of the contributors are ok with your (and whose ?) decision, I would respect this.
While it’s good to put things in motion and take decisions, that would have been wiser IMO to at least ask if everyone implied agrees with this.

I respect your and @knobgoblin’s implication in this, but I had to share my feelings, in all positive spirit, be assured of this.

I would appreciate everyone to share his own feelings on this, give suggestions etc. so that we can move on this subject.

:peace:

1 Like

Its always good to know peoples opinions, so thanks for sharing.

First off all, its difficult to pick a charity because there are many good ones and there are no bad ones (some exceptions not counted). I made contact with the Elektron staff to shine a light on this matter and they came up with this fund. I found it a good idea because its a community that does a lot with art and with music. Also knobgoblin (who did the mastering) was affected by this so that brings some more interference with the fund.
On the other hand, your arguments on this matter are understandable. I personally don’t have any connection with this Ghostship community but when I heard about the fire it struck me. Thats why I thought it was a good cause.

I don’t want to begin an endless discussion about the charity fund, but if there are contributors to the album want to share thoughts feel free to chime in in this thread or drop me a massage.

4 Likes

There are never enough funds and never enough donations for all of those in need.

This is a great choice in charities, with Oakland not really a big part of the ‘rich’ California.

I can understand feelings of being left out of the decision or preferring another charity, however.

In future, maybe having the charity of choice discussed before the compilation/series begins will allow all parties a chance to silently back out or vocally push an idea that would better suit the members.

Thanks again for your time and consideration.

jd

peace

2 Likes

Yes indeed. And thank you @YloopZ for taking my words into consideration.
If no one has anything to add on this matter, you may proceed as you intended to.

1 Like

@YloopZ I just noticed that the Campaign for Oakland Fire Victims has closed.

Could be nice to channel the donations towards another charity fund :wink: and update bandcamp to state that former donations were to Oakland vctims, and are now sent to the new charity fund.

What do you think of this ?

1 Like

Thanks @LyingDalai, I (we) have to look for another charity, for further donations indeed.
Your charity fund looks nice, I will have a look at that.

1 Like

Oh, and if I may… Dear @YloopZ, would you mind setting another track as default instead of mine, if such thing is possible ?
My track doesn’t represent this compilation very well, IMHO.
@Analept’s “Grey skies” or @dubathonic’s “This too shall pass”, in the other hand, are of quite another level.

2 Likes

your wish… :grinning:
I like our track and it was of course the titel of the track that did it… But it is good to put another one at the top now. Thanks for your feedback!

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Mandy ! It feels a lot better this way, I think. :tongue:

Just figured I hadn’t even bought it ! Done.

3 Likes

so now it’s mine… thanks for the kind words !

3 Likes