Elektronauts Tribute Album: Silver Souls

I would wait with that if I were you in case rules change again.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

and I agree with @darenager why not include UW but include multitracking, seem odd? UW is my fav part of MD to me.

Hey @YloopZ! I made a couple of albums with only my MnM and I’d love to submit a track. Is that okay or are you looking for original compositions only? Apologies if you already said this. I missed it.

Why not a double album?

Side one: MKI, so no samples in either machine.
Side two: MKII, here you can have your samples in the Machinedrum and User-waves in the Monomachine.

Maybe it’s nice if every track has a small description of what machines are used and perhaps include the .syx for every song on the album.

As for recording i would prefer to record just the stereo outputs, this way you really hear what the machines are about.
No editing after recording, no EQ, compression or anything.
Just record at around -6dB and leave the rest to mastering.

sounds dope, btw !! :slight_smile: Really nice and contemporary composition mate!

I would love to participate as well - sadly i only own the whole dark trinity and have no silver box around anymore :frowning: it was a shame i had to sell the MD several years ago …

Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see anything about DigiPro waves for the MnM. Are we allowed to use the free Elektron wave packs ( Oxford Overdrive, Immortal etc…) ?

Thank you :slight_smile: The MD is a great box for immediacy (i’ve had two!) but I don’t think there is anything else like the Mono.

yeah the Mono sometimes felt like a “Modular light” to me :slight_smile: The sounds it was capable of were always unexpected and amazing. But it had problems with proper low ends as far as i can remember. I had a MnM 4 or 5 years ago and always struggled to get some decent basses out of it. But the Chords it created were fantastic - as one can hear in your track - and its Soundscapes could be huge. As the OT came out i had the old Trinity for several months and it was amazing! I dont get this “feeling” with AR/A4/OT anymore. But thats ok - AR and A4 deliver the low end i usually need and apart from that the OT can deliver sounds close to what i could do on the MD (and partially on the MnM) - if i have the right samples. However: The organic sound both silver boxes delivered is something i one day want to have back in my castle again !! AR/A4 both cant deliver that! Time to save up money now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think someone suggested that as long as it can be dumped via MIDI it would be OK to use… Sounded like a reasonable suggestion to me, as the track would be “re-producable” by anyone with the same equipment. I am not sure though if a consensus has been formed if this was ok or not.

1 Like

Where do we submit the tracks? Is there a dropbox or address we can Wetransfer them to?

Dropbox URL: dropbox silver souls

1 Like

The deadline is fine, so I’ve got enough time… :elmm:

2 Likes

and i’m here if you want to put this out on itunes, spotify, google, tidal, etc. you’ll get 100% of the royalties that you can throw to whatever charity you want. just shoot me a PM.

Yikes, that deadline has snuck up somehow. Time to get cracking. How is everyone else going?

edit: oh wait, one month longer than I thought.

I haven’t Even Started Yet…Hopefully Will Start It Soon.

I Was Wondering If Many People Are Still Taking Part In This?

I’m definitely still in.

1 Like

me too

1 Like

Track sent!

1 Like

Hey Everybody! Thanks to the people who send their tracks in already. They are great! As for the rest who still want to participate, you’ve got a little over one month from now!

3 Likes