Elektronauts needs to change the heart button because it makes me uncomfortable

1 Like

I :heart: the :heart: icon for “like”.

(funny, the red heart has been censored and :heart: renders this black one)

Said that, just to share what would be technically possible with the addition of the Discourse Reactions plugin…

1 Like

Likes are too binary in this joint, no nuance … I’m all for a slider with a range 0-127 so we can show just how much we rate said post … nah, betterer still, if we can do the range with even more binary and maybe more hearts or more gloomy to make @NeonMelk (and @SouvlakiPlaystation )(and me) more at home :tongue:

so if you rate a post 10 …

neutral
:o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: - - - - - - > :o: :o: :o: :red_circle: :o: :red_circle: :o:

less love
:nej: :nej: :nej: :nej: :nej: :nej: :nej: - - - - - - > :nej: :nej: :nej: :angry: :nej: :angry: :nej:

more love
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: - - - - - - > :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :two_hearts: :hearts: :two_hearts: :hearts:

having said all that, in all seriousness, the :thup: or :heavy_check_mark: would genuinely be more to my liking too …

5 Likes

hmm, i was curious as i’d already muted that one, but it’s actually still live … plus there’s a rather fun word play on the topic title I was glad to catch

How many LFOs per sliders ?

2 Likes

oh oh oh yes yes yes, and the slider, the like-slider values should also re-arrange all posts of all threads by highest-value-slided by…by DEFAULT
muahahahahahaha

it’s going to be grande :japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre::japanese_ogre:

1 Like

only the one … folk need to be encouraged (because $$$$$s somehow) to hang around until a second LFO is added in ~7 years time :wink:

3 Likes

I think I’ve only made jokes so far in this thread, but from a UX perspective the reason a heart is used is because it denotes someone ‘liking’ (or loving) the post, not neccessarily agreeing with it. Thumbs up, ticks, and many other similar icons tend to represent agreement or flagging something as ‘correct’ - so it would change the context of the action as much as it would change the sentiment behind it.

(Range of 0-127 is defintely the way forward though haha)

3 Likes

feature-request@elektron.se

They’ll probably withhold it here so that we spend even more time on a new forum that has it.

1 Like

indeed, sounds ideal :heavy_check_mark: to this grumpy so-and-so … no need for emotions, just the accumulation and evaluation of info/facts :tongue:

1 Like

May I suggest

7 Likes

May I evaluate this post …

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 17.42.25

7 Likes

Ah yes, right you are. Best to let sleeping dogs lie anyway :wink:

1 Like

I think the forum needs a song mode.

8 Likes

it‘s all one song :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

They could make something of the Electron theme and instead of a :white_heart: use a :heavy_plus_sign: and call it charging a post :thinking:

1 Like

…have likes lost focus as likes…are they still relevant? :laughing: :unamused: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

please keep the heart. It’s the only thing that keeps me going sometimes. I hate the thumbs ups. It looks sarcastic or something.

1 Like

(y)

If you know, you know.