Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #7 - The War on Christmas edition

Hi everyone,

Everyone has gotten the chance to relax a little after six intense and hard fought battles, so I hope you guys are ready for battle #7!

As suggested by @looms and @Doug whom helped me sort this one out, the theme of this battle is "The War on Christmas’’ (You’ll understand when you hear the samples).

Battle specific rules

1. You have to use at least a small bit from all 3 submitted sample selections,
  2. You cannot use outside samples EXCEPT for drum samples
  3. You’re allowed to use ONE external instrument (synth, guitar, voice, whatever). You have to play this instrument yourself, using readymade loops is not allowed.

The samples

Legal

Anyone who wants to join has to submit their track in this thread before the end of the year (Friday, december 31). Your track should be made respecting the rules above.

You can use any gear you want, but letting us know something about the process and gear used when posting your track is appreciated.

You can submit the song in any format or on any platform. You can only submit one single beat for the battle!

After this deadline we will vote in a new thread. Only people who participated can vote, and only after listening to each song. You’ll choose one song as your first place pick and two runners up. Each first place pick will be worth two points. Runners up will each receive one point. You cannot vote for yourself.

Special thanks to @rnzr, @Doug and @looms for helping me out! @rnzr we owe you one!
Good luck guys and have fun!

20 Likes

@Yabba
@Synu
@phaelam
@rockpapergoat
@drrumble
@FNKSTRNG
@PineappleDave
@Maisin
@LyingDalai
@tinara

8 Likes

@Daevlor
@sezare56
@CCMP
@infovore
@Claid
@DimensionsTomorrow
@TheGhostCat
@the_PMO
@Unifono
@Kpucski

6 Likes

@new_drugs
@Affectionate-Bee-781
@NeonMelk
@woops
@garfield
@Boxymusic
@sndrsklr
@blaize

4 Likes

I’m in. Let the War begin! :sunglasses: :christmas_tree: :santa:

6 Likes

Let’s go!

7 Likes

Thanks for invitation @Sleepyhead!
And congrats!

Very busy, gonna be worse approaching Christmas. But, who knows…

4 Likes

I’m in.
Can not refuse the invitation - thanks @Sleepyhead ! - Plus, it has been too long since my withdrawal of shame from #Battle 2.

5 Likes

Heckin heck yes, I’m in.

3 Likes

Going to try to get down on this one. I have been a long time member of SP_FORUMS and have done a bunch of battles over there. One of the best ways to sharpen your skills. Perfect exercise for my new DIGITAKT > SP-404 MK2 combo and try to end my lurker status from the last couple of years.

9 Likes

The battle of the Sleepys!

7 Likes

im in : )

4 Likes

Gonna have to sit this one out, but will definitely be watching and cheering you all on from the sidelines. Looks like it will be a fun one!

A little early but thanks everyone for all the fun battles in 2021. Definitely one of the highlights of the year. Looking forward to a lot of music making in 2022!

6 Likes

Nice, thanks! Will put the MPC to work. :smiley:

3 Likes

Great idea! I’ll try to participate

3 Likes

I’m the last call :stuck_out_tongue: So long time I didn’t make any music. Don’t remember how it work lol. Maybe I can try to dust off some gear to try something. No promise, don’t sure I will have the time but who know, thanks for the invite.

4 Likes

@DimensionsTomorrow: Understandable! Hopefully we’ll continue next year and you can join with your new sp404 mk2!

@blaize The others are the former participants, but I realized you never joined in one of these battles, even though you’re the OG of the hiphop thread… would love to hear some new beats!

5 Likes

Wow, these 3 sample selections are fantastic, great selection fellas! :+1:

I think there’s 3 albums worth of samples in this selection, never mind a beat… and that Lou Rawls track :heart::heart:.

7 Likes

Nice!! Good to see another battle posted.
Great selection to sample too.
I’m on it!

4 Likes

I’m in!

3 Likes