Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #5 - Less is more edition

Great concept! I’m very curious to hear what everyone makes… I’ll try to cook something up of course!

3 Likes

Definitely in! My MPC gets here Thursday, so this’ll be a great way to learn it. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Love this idea! The rules for all the battles have been excellent so far and this is no exception. Makes me hope I never win lest I have to endure the pressure of expectation :wink:

5 Likes

Aha guess what, I was about to invite you to make something limited to one sample, chosen after a first vote to choose it.
3 samples from last champions is better, yes ! :content:

4 Likes

@drrumble Could you precise who proposed samples ? :content:
Seems complementary, listening quicky.
Did you talked about it ?

1 Like

Yes i invited them in a private conversation to provide a sample, i show them mine and they quickly share theirs, i think there is very good material!

The first is @rockpapergoat one, the second @CCMP and the last is mine.

3 Likes

Great idea. I’m in. I’ve had the thought that it would be cool to hear everyone use the same source material. It really puts an emphasis on how people are able to warp the samples.

3 Likes

Cool. Ideally for me 1,2,3 provided sample suffice, no additions. :pl:.
Once I proposed a OT metronome sampling contest ! :content:
OT metronome sounds only.
Just to say a short sample can be very interesting to progress in synthesis, use of a machine…

Summary

Octatrack Metronome Only Warp Experiment Science Lab

@Unifono’s
https://youtu.be/oYTJ79UJzt0

Mine
Stream EMONORTEM II by WiliWoW | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

3 Likes

Interesting, I’m in it.

3 Likes

Great idea. I’m into it.

4 Likes

Thanks for keeping it „simple“ this time. Main reason for me to pass the last editions was that I don’t always find the time (and motivation) to go through a bunch of suggested sample sources especially when some clips are 10+ minutes long. So I‘ll try to give it another shot this time.

3 Likes

Quick question, @drrumble. Is the deadline to join October 3rd, or is that the deadline to submit as well?

Another question @drrumble: are acapella’s allowed?

As melodic instrument

In!

Yes the deadline for submitting is 3 october

Acapella not alowed this time, so we can focus on the sample flip.

5 Likes

Oof. My MPC doesn’t come in till Thursday and I’m gone for the whole weekend. Guess it’ll be a PO flip for me. Thx for the clarification :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

apologies in advance if anyone finds that french disco challenging. i’m sitting here trying to chop some drums and laughing to myself. enjoy!

3 Likes

Could have been worth with François Feldman! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

video Joue Pas

https://youtu.be/D3BfHES7wNA

He was pretty famous in France at a time…

I also chopped some drums tonight.

2 Likes