Elektronauts Hiphop Beat Battle #1

Dope! Its indeed crazy we both chose the same piece of sample out of all the stuff posted here haha… yours sounds way different though, I like the bounce you gave it.

1 Like

@Boxymusic you should reconsider your choice of genre as youre pretty good at this hiphop stuff…! I really like the way you got the piano to sound.

@maisin dope track! I like the off beat drums and the sample chops!

@DimensionsTomorrow this could help… I personally don’t mind that much because we managed to keep the samples and beat submissions pretty much separated. If more people would prefer a separate thread I’m all for it though. What do others think? We should keep your idea in mind for the next one either way!

4 Likes

Maybe too much work at this point. Perhaps, for future battles if people prefer it, as you said.

1 Like

Making a new thread for voting in the last open battle seemed to work quite well :slight_smile:

I’m open either way. Lots more activity and entries in this battle than the one posted

Thanks! I wish I had a genre to quit - I’m always struggling to decide what to make! Know any good rappers?

Thanks !! Can’t wait for the next battle to add more craziness in the mix !

1 Like

Had a lot less time than I thought so I´m not super happy with my result but better than nothing I guess? No mixing and very little arrangement due to time issues but anywho, here it goes:

I used the MPC Live as originally intended mostly because I haven´t used it in quite a while and felt bad for it collecting dust. Even thought about selling it but when I used it again I remembered why I got it in the first place.
I also used the Gladys Knight & The Pips sample and added the Romeo & Juliet theme. The rest is from my sample library within the MPC and for the bassline I tried the included plugin. I have quite some catching up to do and listen to most of the submissions.

At least some spam account already commented on it :smiley:

11 Likes

I would tend towards @DimensionsTomorrow 's proposition of a separate thread for votes.

I waited for everybody to upload their track so i could make a single post with my Top 3, the honorable mentions and all the comments i can make.
That way i can make better parallels about how the same sample was used etc.

So, if all the tracks are in the same thread, i guess it will be easier for future readers to navigate between votes/comments and the tracks.

2 Likes

Voice sample: Diane Ackerman reads “We Are Listening”

Samples from

Drums from

• DJ Shadow - You Can’t Go Home Again
  • DJ Shadow - Right Thing

All sampled and performed on the OT.

12 Likes

It’s now Monday morning here in Amsterdam, and I guess the deadline has passed for most of us (except for the ones lucky enough to be living in Honolulu). A lot of awesome beats have been posted here (I think about 20), and I look forward to listening to all of them!

As suggested by @DimensionsTomorrow and some others, I’ll start a separate thread for the voting and feedback. I’ll put all of the submissions in the opening post, but, as suggested by @LyingDalai it would also be cool to make a playlist out of all of our tracks! If everyone agrees with this idea we should figure out a way to collect all tracks onto a single platform… What do you guys think?

I’ll share a link to the voting thread in a bit, and I suggest we’ll continue there :wink:

2 Likes

@woops @garfield your soundcloud links can’t be shared, so I can’t post your tracks in another thread… can you share the link?

I see you have it - great work in organising this! Great effort!

2 Likes

@Boxymusic No yours is fine!

@LyingDalai could you temporarily disable the new thread while we wait for @woops and @garfield? Missing their songs would give them an disadvantage…

1 Like

I tried y’all. Completed the task, but ran into issues at the end with recording and posting my iPhone video (too large?). I’ll catch y’all on the next one! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You could copy the link directly to their forum entries as a stopgap?

1 Like

Thanks to @LyingDalai everything works now! You guys are welcome to listen, vote and post feedback in this thread:

1 Like

@Sleepyhead Thanks for doing all this, and apologies for creating extra work for you at the end!

2 Likes

No problem at all, its better now because of it!

1 Like

dude this thread is a fucking treasure trove of music, don’t take any of this music away, this is eternal stuff.

2 Likes

i can’tpick a fav, i want an album with all this realeased. i pay big money, like 5 dollars or something, this one reminds me of a scene of a movie comiong to a conclusion or climax to the death of our beloved main protagonist, while silently agreeing with antagonist in ways.

3 Likes