Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #2 - Escape from New York edition

I’m trying to decide whether I’m going to give you all something with drum loops to use! but then I couldn’t use em :cheeky:

1 Like

There are enough drums :upside_down_face: Give me some kick ass dialogues! :sweat_smile: I mean we are allowed to use “external” drumkits, right?

Damn those challenges let me think I am at school again - tryin’ to cheat as much as possible :joy: (I won’t, promissed!!)

2 Likes

took about 15 minutes this morning to smash together some stuff and already have a banger. i’ll post up a sample later today. these beat battles are addictive like doritos.

here’s a choice cut:

17 Likes

Time was not wasted.
Theme is excellent.
Here’s my sample :

13 Likes

I’m in. Here’s my sample:

7 Likes

I love the theme!
Round 1 was a blast…
I couldn’t not jump in to round 2… :grin:
My contribution has a lot going on… I’ll just leave it at that, happy digging!

8 Likes

Audio collage is so my thing…you may have start something so very terrible for this battle…
The sleeper has awakened.
The Kraken will be released.

Muhaha.

3 Likes

Going to try my best to hammer something out this week as I’m gone camping for a week after that.

Can’t wait to hear what everyone comes up with this time!

7 Likes

here’s my sample. I’m kinda devastated not to get to use this.

8 Likes

This is the first time I feel really compelled to take part in a beat battle. I own around 7-9 different vinyl versions of the soundtrack.

14 Likes

In! My last project was a fake score in style of John Carpenter and I am still in the mood for some more. :slight_smile:

And here is the trailer for Escape from the Bronx for your sampling pleasure!

7 Likes

Classic film.

1 Like

And we shall use it with the respect it deserves.
Young Americans is one of my favorites.

1 Like

Join in!

3 Likes

I’m in. Someone posted this on another forum and I knew just the place for it. Enjoy!

7 Likes

It was a hard choice between this and 2019 - After the Fall of New York.

2 Likes

I’m in again, my contribution :

This is a goldmine, i already sampled 4 songs here, so inspiring !

5 Likes

I’m in.
Could be interesting one shots/phrases:

Edit: broken link

4 Likes

It may just be a Japan thing, but I get this error. No problem if it works for others.

Same for me in Germany.

2 Likes