Elektronauts Hip-Hop Beat Battle #13 Shostakovich Edition - Voting and Feedback

:content:

4 Likes

Hi

I am new here and wondering how this battle works? I would love to participate but want to be sure I’m not doing it wrong. I see you post all the time and was hoping you could offer some guidance

5 Likes

Basically a monthly Hip Hop beat battle that’s hosted by the winner of the previous battle, the winner gets to choose the theme and rules and we all do our best to cook up within the brief for the battle… Everyone is welcome to join in so welcome aboard and welcome to elektronauts

3 Likes

Thanks for the response, I’m wondering are there like pre chosen samples everyone works with or like is this a show me what you got sort of thing?

1 Like

this battle was already in voting stage. Only the winners have to be announced, and they will start a new battle in a new thread soon and you are welcome to join in all the following battles

3 Likes

there was a separate thread for this battle where the rules were listed.

The battles usually have a topic and a set of rules chosen by the host.
This thread was only about the voting and feedback

5 Likes

Ahhhh that makes sense thank you very much

7 Likes

Hope you join us next time! You’ll have fun for sure :grin:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Yooo sorry for the delay here, hell of a week and had a friend’s wedding this weekend.

I didn’t participate in this one so no votes from me, and I’m glad cuz it’s an impossible choice. That much was reflected in everyone else’s votes. I had to do extra brainwork to land on an ordering that made sense.

Winner: Sleepyhead (track 3)
Second (tie): Yabba (track 6)
Second (tie): Unifono (track 9)

I’ve updated the playlist to reveal who made what, but I’ll also leave a list below:

1. proskynesis
  2. Maisin
  3. Sleepyhead
  4. Symian
  5. Rockpapergoat
  6. Yabba
  7. malus mons
  8. Pineapple Dave
  9. Unifono
  10. Sleepside
  11. 1-2
  12. drrumble
  13. sezare

Great work everyone, I enjoyed listening to each of these. The talent level here is ridiculous.

13 Likes

Excellent well done you guys, thanks to everyone that left comments on my track, it’s much appreciated :+1:

7 Likes

Well done @Sleepyhead! :champagne:
Thanks for organising this one @polarfox

8 Likes

congrats @Sleepyhead! Well deserved :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks @polarfox for organizing!

thanks to all for the great listen

6 Likes

That’s a good excuse ! Thanks !

Congrats @Sleepyhead !
Happy to see my 2 favorites (@Unifono and @Yabba) second ex aequo.

5 Likes

Nicely done @Sleepyhead, @Yabba, and @Unifono! And thank you to @polarfox for running and others for critiquing my entry

3 Likes

I found different results…:thinking:
I counted 14 for @Sleepyhead and @Yabba, 13 for @Unifono

• Sleepyhead 3/
3+3+3+2+3=14

• Yabba 6/
3+3+3+2+3=14

• Unifono 9/
3+3+2+2+1+2=13

Unless we count differently than that :
1st = 3 points
2nd = 2 points
3rd = 1 point

4 Likes

I didn’t use a point system but I’m down to follow any existing protocols that I’m unaware of, and please do correct me if I miscounted.

I reasoned this way:
4 first place votes for Sleepyhead (the most first place votes)
2 first place votes for Yabba, Unifono, and Maisin (tied for second most)
3 second place votes for Yabba and Unifono (tie breaker between Yabba, Unifono, Maisin)

5 Likes

You’re the boss of this battle fella, I’m happy to for you to use your own system, the results are basically the same, maybe to avoid any confusion moving forward we should standardise the voting system for all battles…

6 Likes

The voting is usually the points thing but if it is a draw, the fact that @Sleepyhead got more first places should weigh it in his favour anyway, so bigups to Sleepy.
And thank you for any votes/comments people :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally, this was one of the toughest ones to choose a winner from.
Looking forward to the next one

7 Likes

agreed

3 Likes