Elektronauts Hip-Hop Beat Battle #12: Lucky Number 1200

@Doug so we can use multiple melodic sounds…
could I use multiple instrument one hits piano etc and play them chromatically on Digitakt and it just counts as sample length not as an instrument?
Just checking I’ve got it

1 Like

recently sampled this song that a coworker introduced to me for one of our coffee shop beat battles. I ended up doing a dnb track with it, but theres lots to pick from in here.

loving the parameters/conditions in this one! think I’m gonna set aside the sp learning and get back into my digitakt. something about the short sample time makes that feel right to me lol

7 Likes

Yes. You have it right. The additional instrument is something that doesn’t need to be included in your sample time. But you can sample whatever you want as long as you’re under the limit, which like you said is pretty generous.

2 Likes

Cheers mate, sounds good

Thanks for running this battle!
I have a bit of an oddball choice, but I’ve loved the opening drum groove and snare sound for years

toe - Tremolo + Delay

5 Likes

Again, thanks for the invitation but i know that i won’t be able to deliver.

These days i’m more into sounds and textures researches with synths, and less with sample manipulation or song structure.
Also, i’m not really in the right mood to produce what i usually like to do in this genre, so…yeah.
But i’ll be checking this battle for sure, have a good one guys !

3 Likes

And now I realise I linked to the live version rather than the studio version on Don’t Stop The Music. Never mind! Both are banging.

Wicked set of rules on this one, nice one Doug. Not sure I’ll get a chance to make the deadline for a beat but wanted to submit a track (so nice I’ve sampled it twice) to get my foot in the door just in case, and it’d be sweet to hear what people do with this if they sample it.

5 Likes

Are there restrictions or preferences on the genre of song we can post as a sample source for others?

pretty sure anything goes for sources.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s no genre restrictions or anything like that. The only thing I ask is, if possible, choose a song that you’ve already sampled before. But anything you want to share is great.

3 Likes

My sample. Looking forward to your beats!!

9 Likes

Here’s my sample:

8 Likes

Feeling that summer vibe especially strong right now (one week vacation) so I’m going with this one:

Top down. Speakers up. Raybans on.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Is anyone making a playlist of these? Really nice compilation of music.

1 Like

Me! Playlist is here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIkCgPi6ZxfILlZ4daFw6SzvPcWk_JwWP

I think I got everyone’s submissions so far, but please let me know if I missed any or linked the wrong version or anything

1 Like

@sleepside

Mine is missing?
I proposed:

1 Like

Got my beat done, but I’ll let it cook for a few days before submitting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure I’ll make this one as I’m away for most of it. I have koala sampler with me but I’ve only just got it…
Anyway here is a track in case I can:

4 Likes