Elektronauts Hip Hop Beat Battle #10: When We Were 10

Just to be clear @PineappleDave I can use up to 10 individual sounds, I’ve got 3 drum hits, 5 chops from the two provided samples and one of my own and need to fill two more spots, can these be anything of my choice say FX one shots?

2 Likes

2 more samples from the 3 sources or 2 more drums… upto you. or just stick with 8.

battle rules traditionally include all sample sources and any drums. any new sounds like FX stabs from a sample pack or synthesised would be outside of that remit.

2 Likes

Cool thanks for the clarification :+1:

In. Got a plan, I think, and will sit down with the Polyend Tracker today and bash some things out…

1 Like

Yeah what @waftlord said. Only the TV show and then outside drum samples allowed. :grin:

One other thing fella what file format we submitting, plain old mp3?

I personally don’t have a preference. I would think a .wav or a .flac would be better but it’s up to you. @waftlord is taking the submissions so he might have something more to say. An .mp3 honestly might not make a huge difference since these will all go up on SoundCloud anyways.:joy:

2 Likes

This sounds fun, I am in

1 Like

Yeah I’d prefer wav myself but I didnt know whether there’s some arbitrary file size limit on uploading via dm…

1 Like

yeah wav is best.
gdrive, wetransfer, dropbox, loads of larger file sending options out there.

1 Like

Ah cool… sorry for all the questions, this is my first rodeo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

All good! Glad to have you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got mine almost ready already, now just arranging. Is mastering / fx etc fine on master channel too?

Yeah, as long as you ain’t adding more samples.:grin: go crazy! Stutter effects ftw

1 Like

And sent. It turns out the Digitakt is really great at working with one shots. Who would have thought?

7 Likes

I finally started mine last night and boy is this fun :joy: and of course the Digitakt is good at one shots!

3 Likes

Mines 99.9% done, just obsessing over the mix now and one single effect… :sweat_smile: I’m away for four days now so I’ll have to finish it Friday night, but yeah it’s been super fun, I’ve made heavy use of serato sample for this and I must admit I forgot just how quick it’s workflow is for stuff like this…

3 Likes

Dope! I’ve never used Serato sample, but sounds fun. :slight_smile:

you are all inspirations. i started chopping stuff with the intent to use ableton for slicing and sample selection, then dump them to the digitakt for sequencing, but that may not happen now. this challenge has been tough so far, possibly because i have less time to do it, or the restrictions are challenging.

2 Likes

Don’t sweat it man. You still have basically three weeks to get it done :grin: Keep going!

3 Likes