Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #25 Blue Note

Thanks for letting me host to the previous winners @Ooly @1-2 :1st_place_medal:

In this battle we will be sampling from the Blue Note label, I’m sure most if not all of you are familiar with this fantastic label that host such artists as Herbie Hancock and John Coltrane.

The label has many samples that have been used in many a classic hip hop track, but there’s always room for more, and I can’t think of a better bunch to do it justice than all those that have taken part in battles here since day #1

In this battle we are going to have a lot of choice.

You have to dig for your own sample to use, the only rule is it must be a track released on the Blue Note label.
I’ve included one playlist just to get you quickly in the mode, but feel free to source your own track to chop if you feel inclined.

Regarding outside vocals, you can use chopped vocal snippets from an acapella a movie or any other source if you feel it works over your beat for an Intro/outro/hook or whatever
Just no full acapella verses.

Drums and other percussive elements can be from any source including drum breaks and one shots.

Only outside instrument permitted, if you need it, is bass.
which can come from any source.

Maximum length of beat due to limited Soundcloud space is 2:30

Send me your beat by Friday 20th of October to be included in the playlist.

Please include your username in the title on your track.

Try to avoid sending me your beat too early as some links expire so send it to me as near to the 20th as you can.

It would be nice to have a good turn out so if you’re a spectator to these battles and have pondered joining in please do so as we’d love you to take part.

Peace and hope you’re all happy with that.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Playlist Below :point_down:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEz_mLoNZMeQBBNPjR03BIHDTb_xHA-BZ&feature=shared

20 Likes

Awesome :fire: this has the potential to become a classic challenge @Yabba! Maybe you could light up the bat signal full strength and call out previous contestants by name?

2 Likes

You’re right :slightly_smiling_face: but it’s a task to remember everyone so I’ve just posted a link on the morricone battle that had over 20 people taking part including the usual names so they should get an alert.
And I hope others that I’ve missed who don’t get an alert find it

2 Likes

gonna throw my hat in the ring again, think this one is broad enough for me to find something that speaks to me. looking forward to hearing some fun ones!

4 Likes

@Yabba :beers:

Looking forward to this challenge and thanks for hosting this one!

3 Likes

Oh yeah, feeling this one!

3 Likes

Just to confirm there is no need to post tracks or breaks to the thread?

We just go off and sample anything Blue Note?

1 Like

Yes that’s right, no need to do that, just sample whatever you want

6 Likes

im pretty hyped on what i made, totally didnt expect to be able to go this direction but i think it worked out pretty well

3 Likes

Messin’ around with the new dalle3

7 Likes

Nice visual! Blue 'Nauts…

4 Likes

Cooked up something for this last night! Never done one of these before, but it was fun sampling and mangling

4 Likes

Nice one!
Will try to join again this round

4 Likes

Looking forward to everyone’s results. :slightly_smiling_face:
Also want to point out that you don’t have to just use the playlist I’ve posted- any Blue note label track or multiple tracks you happen to find from any source is fine, but it’ll be good to know what you’ve used when the battle is over

2 Likes

That’s really good, we can use that for the upload playlist if that’s ok :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

we’re less than a week out from submissions friends, hows the beats coming along

4 Likes

I’m kind of finished but I lost a couple of hours of tweaking because I turned my Digitakt off and when I restarted it, it gave me an earlier version of my beat before I made changes.

It seems to keep doing that.
But I’ll have mine done by next Friday

3 Likes

Finished my beat a few days ago, and I’m trying not to mess with it too much cause I don’t wanna ruin the initial idea I had. But I honestly might be more excited to share what I sampled than what I made tbh

4 Likes

Damn just found out about this one! I’ll try to cook something up on my new isla s2400 before the deadline!

Great theme guys by the way :+1:t3:

7 Likes

Same here… think I’ll try the same thing!

5 Likes