Elektronauts Hip Hop Battle #20 - Voting

Big up @everyone !!!

My votes :

1st - Number 10 Like the chopped and filtered vocals, there is an atmosphere i like on this one.

2nd - Number 6 This one is the one that best transcribes the atmosphere of james bond in my opinion

3rd - Number 4 This one is very efficient, i want to spit a verse on it ! I have my idea about who made it :wink:

6 Likes

It’s always a learning experience listen to all the submissions, you are using the samples in a great ways.
My votes:
1st - Number 6: It’s a song full of sounds with a nice intro and it’s a perfect soundtrack for a 007 movie
2nd - Number 4: It creates ad atmosfere that fits the situation, some vocals here and there make it more precious.
3rd - Numbe 8: the main theme that runs under the track is marvellous and the bass sounds that enters after my name’s bond… love it!!

Anyway as usual all are great! Big up for everyone.

7 Likes

10, 5, 6

6 Likes

Fuck me this was tough. Serious hats off to each and everyone of you. You folks are really swell.

6 Likes

Last official voting day!
5 votes missing (+ mine)

Excited to reveal the results tomorrow :slight_smile:

8 Likes

1: Track 4
b. Track 15
III. Track 14

10 Likes

You guys really don’t make this easy, this is a change your mind everyday what your top three is, selection.

But on last day to vote day…

1st :10
I’m a sucker for out of context little vocal bits, great feel to the beat and very quirky.

2nd :13
Great atmosphere to this, love the weaving in and out horns

3rd :9
Straight up boom bap and a great example of how to do it and for that reason it’s not one that I’ll ever get bored of.

HM

Great track, love that high pitched string and the track overall.

Menacing vibes, love the tension throughout.

HM 2
Everyone else, everyone did a great job

6 Likes

1,b,iii :joy:

2 Likes

If I checked correctly, we ware waiting for votes from @1-2, @flippantminister, @malus_mons.
Hope you can find some time for it.

Meanwhile my choices:

1. #4 - overall the beat that speaks to me the most. Great filtered main loop, great punchy drums, nice vocal chops. The overall vibe
  2. #16 - Really nice variety, beautiful middle section, great drums
  3. #2 - Very nice chops, straight drums. Great variation with the second part coming in at the end

HN:
#7 - Punchy, groovy, great vibe. Very close to the top 3
#1 - simple, straight, very nice Bond strings.
#9 - love it, also love the Golden eye theme. Great bassline. I agree on the Dre reference
#15 - Powerful, cinematic. Really nice.

Thanks everyone for the submissions! Congrats to everyone, I enjoyed everything about this playlist, I’m happy that the Bond theme seems to be well received.

7 Likes

oof, sorry i’m late on this! these were all so good, i really enjoyed both making a beat and listening to everyone else’s interpretation! A great theme, thanks @Unifono

my picks-
1- #4
2- #1
3- #6

HM- #13

7 Likes

@1-2 needs a little more time.
We‘ll get to the results soon!

6 Likes

Sorry for the delay, and thanks @Unifono for your kind patience. I got on this as soon as I could

F: 10
S: 4
T: 11

Either one of these could have been top, the intro on 4 was one of my favorite moments

Hm
13 6 12 ahh actually want to keep adding more to mention, so great work and thanks to all who participate and bring me and everyone else this musical joy, I really value it. It is great to learn experiment and have fun but also feels helpfull in life beyond just the sound when going through a lot.

Thank you all.

6 Likes

Thank you all for voting!
The playlist is revealed.

Our favorite’s beatmaker favorite beatmaker is back on top again :smiley:
Congrats!! Very well deserved.

The top 3:
@yabba
@flippantminister
@Unifono

Big props and congrats to @flippantminister for the second place. Thanks to all who voted for my beat again :slight_smile:

Thanks all again for participating. I think this battle turned out great and I’m happy about it!
Big up everyone!!

See you on the next episode.

8 Likes

Congrats to the winners! You’re a bunch of titans.

Did 1-2’s track have a kazoo btw? It actually crossed my mind during the listen.

And @Unifono, great job on hosting, thanks!

5 Likes

Props everyone :clap:
@Yabba congrats man! Again!!! Can u tell us how many battles you won? :grin: :trophy:
It was a good one to get back in buisness! I didn’t participate since last year…
I did track 9, using goldeneye soundtrack, I don’t remember the breakbeat, and a model cycles for the bass and some chords.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed your beat Dr., now that I see your name, i should’ve known.

4 Likes

Congrats everyone !
Congratulation to the winners !

Great tracks !

5 Likes

Well done to the winners :trophy:, and everyone else on their beats too
Thanks again for organizing @Unifono!

5 Likes

:tada:
Congrats to the winners and congrats to all the others.
Everyone has done a great job and all the tracks have something cool inside!

Special thanks to @sleepside and @monquixote for their feedback that I always appreciate. :pray:

6 Likes

Congratulations again to the undisputed indispensable @Yabba always on point
@flippantminister for a track with such raw beautiful tones and @Unifono for a highly successful flip on the track I wanted focus on but couldn’t figure how to incorporate the full lush sound of smoothly, and for being our phenomenal host

Some great taste here all around in both making the tracks and the votes from everyone

I wish I could make something this good

6 Likes