Elektronauts Beat Battle 1 Year Anniversary/Beattape

Whatsup guys,

A little over a year ago I set up the first Elektronauts Hiphop Beatbattle after @Kuro and @Doug suggested it in the hiphop thread. Since then, 11 more battles were organised by different people each time, leading to a lot of dope music being made.

I wanted to take this opportunity to celebrate the one year anniversary of the beat battles and thank all of you for keeping the battles going, organising, being involved and most of all: making amazing tracks! I’ve truly learned a lot from all of you. Not only did I pick up a lot of tricks, inspiration and skills from listening to and dissecting all of your tracks, I also received a lot of useful feedback on my music, and these battles really inspired me to get better at producing music. I was listening to all the entries in awe every time. All of us had the same base material/samples, how could my track sound so average while other came up with these amazing beats? I believe this year I got way better at producing because of this, and I hope this had the same effect on all of you!

Being the nerd I am, I dove into the voting threads of all the battles we did so far, here’s some stats:

• A total of 61 people joined these battles and submitted a track. You guys rule, I will tag everyone of you below!
  • 40 of those were regulars and joined multiple battles.
  • 4 people even managed to participate in every one of the battles since the very first one! Some others joined later but also managed to submit a track for every battle since joining.
  • Together we made a total of 201 tracks over the course of this year.

To celebrate this first year of battles, we’ve put together a beattape containing the winning entries of all the battles we did. Check it out here! Thanks to all the winners for allowing me to put their tracks on this, and shoutout to @DimensionsTomorrow and @drrumble for the artwork!

Battle 1
Battle 2 - Escape from New York
Battle 3 - Vocal Edition
Battle 4 - Fresh Eyes
Battle 5 - Less is More
Battle 6 - Tribe Edition
Battle 7 - War on Christmas
Battle 8 - Back to '92
Battle 9 - Motherland Edition
Battle 10 - When We Were 10
Battle 11 - Goodfellas Edition
Battle 12 - Lucky Number 1200

Special shout outs:

@Doug and @Kuro for coming up with the idea. Sadly Kuro hasn’t been able to join any of these battles after being one of the most productive hiphop guys around here for a while, hope he will in the future! Look at what you guys started!

@DimensionsTomorrow for being the very first person to submit a beat for the very first battle. This took some balls, and set the bar high for all of us. A very deserved win on this first one as well!

@rockpapergoat for being the ‘winningest’ person to not be on the tape. Over the year you by far got the most votes/top3 finishes without ending in 1st place. Thanks for the constant high level of music and all the inspiration!

@surfacescan for making the dopest video for any entry ever. For those who didn’t see it, it’s somewhere in the tribe edition thread, but maybe surfacescan can share it below as well…

@ all the people who set up or organised one of the battles. You guys came up with some amazing rules, themes, idea’s and setups. A lot of music was made because of the ideas you came up with! The Motherland edition’s organisation deserves special mention with the different phases and everything.

@ everyone who joined one of these battles. Thanks for the inspiration!

Now let’s keep this thing going for some more years!

46 Likes

@DimensionsTomorrow
@rockpapergoat
@Doug
@drrumble
@TheGhostCat
@the_PMO
@sezare56
@Unifono
@Kpucski
@new_drugs

@Affectionate-Bee-781
@NeonMelk
@woops
@garfield
@Yabba
@Boxymusic
@Maisin
@sndrsklr
@LyingDalai
@FNKSTRNG

@simonbradford
@ViolentMeals
@Buska
@kuroichi
@CCMP
@Dkstr
@nionmu
@PeteSasqwax
@Dheurt
@spaceyjones

2 Likes

@Sherelle
@PineappleDave
@eerieacid
@tinara
@Daevlor
@infovore
@Claid
@looms
@Synu
@rnzr

1 Like

@phaelam
@onlyjust
@Chef_capes
@Roman01
@waftlord
@Jedilicious
@emadb
@Penz413
@xyzer
@surfacescan

1 Like

@rennweg
@Blasted_pingin
@sleepside
@Symian
@1-2
@Leptic
@monquixote
@polarfox

Awesome. Thank you for setting this up!
Deep respect for all the participants of any battle!

8 Likes

YES

YES

9 Likes

Very cool stuff, I am listening now :+1:

2 Likes

Wow, Sleepyhead is the hero we need!

I haven’t taken part in a beat battle in some time as I fell off the hip-hop train again, but I really appreciate having been tagged in all the battles since I started submitting tracks and I will be back on the train soon!

We’ll done and thank you to everyone who has taken part, it’s really inspiring to be a part of this community and I look forward to the results of the battles to come!

10 Likes

:birthday: :content:

7 Likes

it’s been an honor to collaborate, make music, and lift each other up this past year. i’ve learned a lot in the process. everyone here, both experienced and new to the process, came to these battles with an open mind, which is a great thing to see. thanks to all the organizers for bringing together some truly challenging and fun guidelines. here’s to more in the future!

and thanks for the shoutout @Sleepyhead!

9 Likes

Well said! I’ve only dabbled a little this year, but being part of this group has absolutely helped me to improve, even if a small bit. It’s important to hear different ideas and processes. Thank you all for letting me be part of it. Hopefully, I’ll have more time to makes some beats this year. Keep up the great work, creativity and positivity!

9 Likes

Great write-up @Sleepyhead! I’ve been doing these since battle 4, and it’s been awesome to see how much my skills have progressed since then. Not only that, but it’s been equally awesome to see these battles grow in participation and quality. It was a huge honor to host one of these battles a few months ago, and I’ve enjoyed every second of these battles with you guys. Here’s to the next year’s worth of creative and banging tracks! :beers: :pineapple:

9 Likes

They say to be a better musician, play with musicians better than you. What an amazing crew to sit in with, every one of you! I have learned a lot from everyone even in a short period

9 Likes

Just… Yo!

8 Likes

Cool beat tape. You guys made an excellent work last year. :100:

9 Likes

Awesome beat tape and intro words! The switch from the Tracker to the OT set me back a few edition but give me time and I’ll be coming back to the game! Big up to everyone!

4 Likes

Ah, man, this is excellent. Thanks for doing this!

3 Likes