Elektron-Users' Forum content is missing

things seem to be back to normal now, checked the other day and messages were there. thanks to those who took care of restoring the EU forum :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Hmm, still not working here, every category has no posts showing, I tried refreshing and desktop and mobile versions of the site.

1 Like

using a search engine, the messages do show up, which is what i did but didn’t check if it was also working on the forum itself. they are not visible using the forum though; clicking on the last post of the threads

will take you to thread. all the other messages are still there too … :thinking:

1 Like

…so this is probably what happens with the search engine, so mh…still not working then :expressionless:

2 Likes

Still not working. Seems awful to let such an amazing resource go, even if it gave me emotional vertigo to visit.

3 Likes

Sounds like the old content management system malfunctions with PHP server updates or something like that. Hosting providers force these to prevent exploits of vulnerabilities in old versions. If you don t update your website to work with those things might break.

Still possible to reach threads I have bookmarked.

I just get this error every time

maybe it’s my browser (no-funny-stuff firefox)

Is this still working?

Umm, I’d say so.

1 Like

Could you define “this” and “working”? And if we’re getting strict about it, “is”, too. Thanks.

2 Likes

Elektro-users forum… It is giving me an error

Bad gateway here.

1 Like

Just noticed this.

@Jon

Jon’s is the only Elektron name I can think of – anyone else recall the names of elektron employees that are active on the forum? 504 Gateway Time-out for elektron-users.com.

@papertiger @david @ufuk @Patrik @eangman @andreash probably a few others whose handles escape me.

2 Likes

Hmm. 504 was new to me!

3 Likes

Thanks for looking into it!

Just checked and the forum seems to be working again :smiley_cat:
Thanks to those who fixed things :pray:

6 Likes

That forum was amazing, I learned so much from it,
I would read a few threads there and get really motivated to go back to the MNM (and OT) and try the tricks I just learned.

Thanks for fixing it!

1 Like

I cant log in or use search function at the old elektron-users forum.
How is anyone supposed to find info ?
BTW, i have already searched here - needed info on minicommand usage does not exist.