Elektron-Users' Forum content is missing

thanks @avantronica

2 Likes

@avantronica has done this now, so hopefully someone from @elektron @elektronauts will see it.

1 Like

paging @eangman @Jon

I am old and can’t remember anyone else. :laughing:

Is Olle not at Elektron anymore?

Olle left unfortunately :cry:

1 Like

We can neither confirm nor deny that is breaking the official secrets act, nor whether the official secrets act even exists.

4 Likes

This is disturbing. We are hosting it but haven’t touched it for a long time. Also it seems on the listing is broken. The posts can be found if you have the right url to them. Will look in to it.

13 Likes

Thanks @David it is a relief that the posts have not been lost completely.

2 Likes

Thank you for looking into it, @David

1 Like

things seem to be back to normal now, checked the other day and messages were there. thanks to those who took care of restoring the EU forum :smiley_cat:

4 Likes

Hmm, still not working here, every category has no posts showing, I tried refreshing and desktop and mobile versions of the site.

1 Like

using a search engine, the messages do show up, which is what i did but didn’t check if it was also working on the forum itself. they are not visible using the forum though; clicking on the last post of the threads

will take you to thread. all the other messages are still there too … :thinking:

1 Like

…so this is probably what happens with the search engine, so mh…still not working then :expressionless:

2 Likes

Still not working. Seems awful to let such an amazing resource go, even if it gave me emotional vertigo to visit.

3 Likes

Sounds like the old content management system malfunctions with PHP server updates or something like that. Hosting providers force these to prevent exploits of vulnerabilities in old versions. If you don t update your website to work with those things might break.

Still possible to reach threads I have bookmarked.

I just get this error every time

maybe it’s my browser (no-funny-stuff firefox)

Is this still working?

Umm, I’d say so.

1 Like

Could you define “this” and “working”? And if we’re getting strict about it, “is”, too. Thanks.

2 Likes

Elektro-users forum… It is giving me an error