Elektron @ TSR19 Thomann Synth Reaktor

Found this quite funny to watch. I can relate a lot. :slight_smile: I like, the videos, that are not that specific gear centric

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching some more of these videos that are continuing to emerge and Iā€™m starting to think there are two parts to this - the video coming from TSR19, and the personalities of the various youtubers. Thereā€™s been a good few videos that Iā€™ve quite enjoyed now. The ones where itā€™s about demoā€™ing the same features that weā€™ve seen a good few times or the really clickbaity stuff I really canā€™t be fussed withā€¦ the LMNC, Simon the Magpie (the god-emperor of wacky funsterism (see earlier post)) or Noire Et Clickbait being key offenders.

Other ones where we get an insight into the process behind things, or just a more human discussion of various things I can get into.

And in that way, Iā€™m thinking that the event maybe isnā€™t so bad as I was earlier thinking. I just need to be careful to avoid those youtubers that arenā€™t quite to my taste.

2 Likes

Yup, quality and professionalism will always shine. Just sharpen your own bullshit sensor.

1 Like

I really agree with all youā€™ve said on this, jeye_musik.

I also think there is a little coaching from Thomann or more precisely from the organizers of this at Thomann. They had the video studios set up, with the audio capture and camera people (and i read a little bit of direction.) I think that is why so many videos were done as interviews, or as collaboratives, or collaborative performances. Most of the people that went also made a promo video before they went that seemed similar, probably under direction. I may be reading too much into it, but even when Cuckoo and Rachel K Collier escaped in a Tesla to make a video on the road ā€“ either that was encouraged by Thomann, or those two decided to get the hell out of the Treppendorf.

1 Like

agreeā€¦the power of corporate sponsorship and the lure of potentially increase in subscription ā€¦

some like Hainbach are more involved in the arts offering interesting unforced no gimmick vids

1 Like