Elektron transfer (and overbridge not working)

I see that overbridge doesn’t work on Big Sur which is disappointing but does transfer not either. Transfer isn’t detecting my analog rytm mkii and its worrying

Hi! Have tried another USB setup?
I bought my Digitone not long ago (what a crazy machine :crazy_face:). I’ve created a small project and tried to save on my computer but there are no way i could make my Digitone talk to my computer on the Elektron Transfer (missing tab).
If some one knows a trick let me know :wink:

Hello Please…someone tried TRANSFER ON BIG SUR?..works fine?..some recent news…? thanks

My Rytm MKII is connected directly to an Overhub and that is directly connected to my Mac. I’m running Big Sur and have the latest Transfer. I was able to get my Rytm II updated to 1.6.1 using a third party sysex uploader. I’ve got the beta Overbridge installed. I’ve already kernel panicked my machine and crashed Logic several times in just a half hour of use.

I have not been able to get Transfer to connect to the Rytm II. I have never been able to upload samples into Rytm without using very slow MIDI transfer. I’m super excited about being able to transfer in a lot of samples from my Mac, but this requires Transfer to activate this workflow. I don’t have C6 and I’m pretty sure the only other way to get samples into Rytm II is to live record them via the analog input.

I’d love it if someone with a similar setup, who has Transfer working, could walk us through your setup so that we can experiment with the best practices on ours.

Thanks!

I’d suggest to wait a few weeks until all drivers and apps are Big Sur ready. Sorry about your loss… Public Beta has started … so it can’t be too long until Elektron releases the stable versions.

Well, that would be nice, but I think during development, they’d like to have feedback about issues people are having so that they can make it as robust as possible when it does go live.

1 Like

Of course! Make sure to post your issues into the correct thread or even consider to open a support ticket.