Elektron Transfer 1.1

Well ok then.

Is there a plan to?

1 Like

I have no info about this but Iā€™m positive it will happen

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if it is technically possible (on the supported OSes).

When the device is in USB-MIDI mode, it presents itself as standard complaint MIDI device to the computer and the corresponding system driver takes control of it.

When the device is in Overbridge mode, it presents itself as ā€œoverbridgeā€ device and the OB2 driver takes control of it. As far as I know the OB2 driver isnā€™t registered as MIDI driver at the OS level (just as audio driver). It can be used in DAWs via the VST interface for MIDI, but not by standalone MIDI applications.

If this can be changed? Maybe, maybe not.

In general itā€™s quite similar to devices like the ZOOM recorders. These devices provide an USB drive mode and an audio interface mode, but you need to switch the device itself manually between these modes.

4 Likes

Would love an update to this app

1. Toggle to disable unique hash on uploadsā€¦sometimes I want the SAME SAMPLE in multiple folders, but Transfer wonā€™t let me
1 Like

This can actually be toggled on and off

2 Likes

Never saw that option, thanks!

1 Like

Anyone heard of an update for Transfer?

Since C6 only 32bit and no longer working with latest Mac software Iā€™ve had nothing but problems with Overbridge and I cannot reinstall any beta updates due to Transfer not recognising or syncing with any of my hardware.

This question get asked every second day and the answer is still ā€œnoā€.

I guess Elektron will send an eMail and publish a news posting when an update becomes available.

1 Like

You wonā€™t get notification of the release schedule - for obvious reasons this is something they need to ensure is robust - but as i have commented elsewhere it is being updated bit by bit - you will in any case in the meantime seriously need to have a sysex transmit/receive option for backing up and so on (including OS updates for now if you canā€™t find a way to run C6) - Itā€™s easy to run MacOS off of a USB stick if you have the installer so you could(should) have a USB recovery option (or another device/system) and thereā€™d be no issue booting from that once in a while

I hear lots of people struggle with teh settings of sysex librarian, but the app is otherwise solid and been the main goto utility on Mac - you can and should use this now because the functionality of Transfer may not be including backups at its next update - Transfer in its current public release is only meant to be used for sample transfers afaict

Get sorted with Sysex Librarian , if only for backing up stuff, even for other gear

1 Like

Just wondering when an update for Transfer might be coming for macOS 10.15.