Elektron Transfer 1.1.0 - ‘Device Doesn’t Support Transfer”

I recently just purchased a Digitakt and was trying to update the OS and send some samples through the Elektron Transfer application, but when I try to connect it tells me The device you are trying to connect with doesn’t support transfer.

The USB audio interface I’m using is a Behringer UMC204 HD, which is set as the MIDI OUT on Transfer. I have the midi out on the UMC plugged in to the midi in the digitakt, the input and output set to midi+USB in the Digitakt settings and the USB configuration mode set to USB-midi only. I have tried running the transfer application as an administrator, in multiple compatibility modes and I have also tried restarting my computer, unplugging and replugging all of the connections as well as reinstalling all the software on my computer.

Nothing has worked so far…any ideas where I’m going wrong?

Evidently Transfer cannot find the DT via a DIN connection - seems a shame that this is the case -but just plug usb direct to resolve - cut out midi interface

What’s about a quick look into the manual?

Transfer operates via a USB-MIDI protocol and do not require any additional drivers installed on your computer.

So just use an USB cable and configure the device for MIDI USB only (for increased speed).

Additionally:

I guess there is a handshake in the beginning. Transfer sends a kind of capability request to the device and then waits for the answer of the device (or times out when no answer is received).

So even if DIN MIDI would be supported (which isn’t) it would need at least MIDI out and MIDI in, because the device needs to be able to “talk back” to the program.

I was able to get it to work by only having the USB plugged in and setting the MIDI IN and OUT to ‘Digitakt 1’ in Transfer, it immediately recognized and opened up the file transfer box, thanks for the advice!

1 Like