Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

And by good I mean … good enough, relevant enough to be re-visited after twenty years!

I think it has a sound a lot of people can connect with (glitchy stuff, old Autechre, etc). But yeah, I’m with you on this one. I kinda liked the substractive engine but that was not enough for me to keep it.

3 Likes

good lord that was painful to read

7 Likes

It’s just not true that consumers lack imagination. There is clearly a desire for open ended instruments.

If Elektron don’t make stimulating things we just spend our time (and money) on other avenues in order to make weird noise.

3 Likes

Hey ! I sold mine for exactly 450 euros !

(yeah, I’m a sadist)

1 Like

I didn’t say we lack imagination, I said we lack the necessary imagination to innovate, so we tend to plump for nostalgia over newness, hence the proliferation of remakes and reimaginings flooding the market. I’ve always felt that Elektron’s greatest strength was the fact that they never gave in to nostalgia and kept moving forwards, often to the annoyance of a fair number of customers.

I’m pretty sure Daniel Troberg, Vlad Kreimer or Ess have much better imaginations than me, as they are proven innovators. I’m just a dumb shit that buys instruments I can barely play.

8 Likes

Yeah I can see samples over synth sounds like AR but in DT form factor? So technically a followup to DT?

1 Like

Sorry, I don’t agree with your generalisation.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry.

4 Likes

If it would be something like this, I would bet for indiv. out instead of in’s - given that in’s in a concept like this would make DT redundant

Edit: supposing these in’s could be used for sampling and not only processing

Not if they were literal RAM machines that are lost on power down just like pattern chains :joy:

1 Like

Hell yeah! Indeed, also would love to see reintroduction of the ‘old’ sampling instead of the ‘new-nice-depicted-sampling’ - as anyone can do that

1 Like

My inside source told me that people who like the Rythmicon will be happy

4 Likes

yeah, well said. I remember when the Digitakt came out… me: “wut ? only 8 voices ? My electribe has 24. And no polyphony ? Only one filter ??? Ahaha, no way, it will never sell”.

Of course I sold the Korg and kept the DT.

6 Likes

They’ve been making audio cable stock update posts today on social media. They’re teasing the release! It’s a 67.8cm midi cable! You heard it here first

2 Likes

Make it Pink.

2 Likes

Yeah man.

I’ve always kinda regretted not getting a pink Lyra.

5 Likes

What if it’s just another power handle.

That would have been my choice too.

1 Like

How about settling for pink lycra instead? I can see you in spandex shorts dancing along to some tasty hardbeat, all Belgian-style in your mirror swimming goggles and wireless microphone.

(This is what the Syntakt will enable, I’m sure)

2 Likes