Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

And, if you look at the digitakt page on Thomann , it says that it reach place 2 in term of sales in the groovebox category. Number 1 being the m:c

3 Likes

Good point. I’m not sure we can trust Thomann entirely and it’s not reliable for worldwide sales but it does indeed have M:C above Digitakt now (DT was number one in the past) and even says 2,000+ units shipped:

3 Likes

Seriously ? :wink:

2 Likes

thanks Craig… I like hotcakes. :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah I know its not an accurate measure given that its a lot of people turning them over on the aftermarket, but Digitakt is consistently number 2 in the Reverb year end drum machine/sampler rankings and was recently #3 overall (Digitone was #15, still incredible for overall) Digitakt, both models, and octatrack were all in the top ten drum machines last year. Digitone has risen every year since its been out, to #5 in the synths category for 2021. Very successful product by that limited and possibly misleading metric

I don’t know about their financials but they seem to be grabbing more and more market share and topping more sales lists every year, I don’t think they’re desperate in any way

1 Like

They’ve also dropped the price recently, might have given it that extra surge.

Does take more units sold to make the same income as more expensive products though

1 Like

Not if the profit margin is larger.

You can sell a ÂŁ250 device and a ÂŁ500 device and they can both make ÂŁ100 profit. Its not linear, you price to the market not costs + X%

Some Halo Products have lost money for years before manufacturing at scale benefits kick in and improve efficiency. They can be warranted based on the value they bring to the brand. People want it, can’t afford it but buy the cheaper item that actually has a good profit margin.

4 Likes

I think Elektron are sort of between a rock and hard place now. Flagships have largely been revisions for a good 5+ years now. The DNK is more of an extension of the DN in terms of making it a big brother or whatever. But the Models explored 1kpf, while Digi’s are surely a hit for a Elektron - it would be fascinating to know the numbers compared to the Analog series across mki and ii.

Hard not to feel they yes do service the sort of pro advanced market with devices that were released in 2000’s, but by and large they recently focus on the middle and entry level markets, price-wise.

So I feel like this thing won’t be entry level just by virtue of its name, but also maybe not top tier - probably mid tier.

And even if it has Takt in the name, I feel like the box could potentially be a whole new approach - 1kpf flowing upstream to the mid tier, in a new design that sort of blends the Digi with the Model.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Syntakt thread. Can I bring you something to drink?

11 Likes

Cool, thanks for the enlightenment :slight_smile:

1 Like

syntakt😂

5 Likes

8 Likes

It’s true.

I want to buy a 2nd hand machine drum but i have a feeling the Syntakt is going to be the spiritual successor to the machine drum.

6 Likes

The Machine Drum is cult

Whatever Syntakt will be the MD will be always a unique master piece because made by a team that is no longer with the company

It is a bit like the same story of the clavia nord lead

2 Likes

“Working too hard can get you a new syntakt-akt-akt-akt-takt”

Billy Joel

6 Likes

all work and no play makes Jack a syn takt

2 Likes

Crossing my fingers that the syntakt is a synth and not another drum machine

1 Like

Why not both?

2 Likes

My guess is it’s a digitakt-sized octatrack replacement. 4 inputs, overbridge, and cv ins and outs. Thinking syntakt means syntax, communication between machines. Will maybe replace the analog heat as well, as a distortion unit and fx box. I hope it has a macro controller like the octatrack but am guessing it would be a couple dedicated macro knobs.

1 Like

No way they will take out three products (Digitakt, Octatrack, and Heat) in one fell swoop. Though I would love to see an Elektron box with loads of CV inputs and outputs :yellow_heart: